#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

So people can't tout Pac Rim as the biggest original live-action movie of the year anymore. What's the new qualifier?  :P

The Heat? We're the millers? This is the End? The Conjuring? Pacific Rim was never the biggest original live-action film. 

ETA: Unless you meant WW. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

The Heat? We're the millers? This is the End? The Conjuring? Pacific Rim was never the biggest original live-action film. 

Even with a re-release, Pacific Rim has still outgrossed This is The End by a couple hundred.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Once in a while, there comes a movie that is made by not just anyone, but by someone who's willing to put his whole mind into challenging the unthinkable, to spend a whole ass long time working his ass off to achieve the impossible. For the soul of film-making, this kind of movie needs to be rewarded both at the boxoffice and at the award season. It's just beautiful to see that Gravity and Alfonso Cuaron are getting what they deserve, and it's time for the acadamy to award a sci-fi.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 8

Even with a re-release, Pacific Rim has still outgrossed This is The End by a couple hundred.

Wow oops. For some reason I though TITE was at 103 million. Even then, There is The Butler and Identity Thief as well. 

Edited by ban1o

Once in a while, there comes a movie that is made by not just anyone, but by someone who's willing to put his whole mind into challenging the unthinkable, to spend a whole ass long time working his ass off to achieve the impossible. For the soul of film-making, this kind of movie needs to be rewarded both at the boxoffice and at the award season. It's just beautiful to see that Gravity and Alfonso Cuaron are getting what they deserve, and it's time for the acadamy to award a sci-fi.

As long as something truly worthy of "Best Picture" wins this year. The last year three years have been unremarkable as far as that goes. 

If only Cloud Atlas took off like this. But I guess this is better than nothing.
  • Like 3

I'm losing ten dollars cause Gravity is gonna make more than 42.5m this weekend...And I'm completely happy bout it. Great to see Cuaron knock it out of the park. And no denying...Bullock has got that Star powah...awesome numbers. I didn't have faith in this films commercial appeal...glad to be wrong.

• Like 2

Once in a while, there comes a movie that is made by not just anyone, but by someone who's willing to put his whole mind into challenging the unthinkable, to spend a whole ass long time working his ass off to achieve the impossible. 

.... and that person is Uwe Boll.

• Like 9

If only Cloud Atlas took off like this. But I guess this is better than nothing.

Yesss, the critical and box office reception for Cloud Atlas was probably one of the most disappointing things for me since I started following box office.  It deserved so much better.

What a fucking number for Gravity. This thing can challenge 200, we think? Incredible. LOL@ people who claimed Melissa McCarthy was the only reason the Heat was such a hit, BTW. 

Haven't seen Gravity, but in the words of sports philosopher Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!!