#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

I think it'll be better than that since this may skew adult and has Imax grosses to boost it

Actually you could be right.  Taken 2 dropped 55% last year on its first Monday. But that might have been Canadian Thanksgiving.  So a 65% drop might be more plausible.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=taken2.htm

Real Steal dropped 76 % on its second Mon....again, the first was Canadian Thanksgiving.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=realsteel.htm

Edited by baumer

Weekday numbers in October are shit.No one panic with a 70%+ drop on Monday.

Gravity has IMAX plus it's older skewing so weekday drops will be smaller especially with great WOM. I'm expecting sub 70% drop on Monday.  

Its crazy how well some of you guys know this stuff. I had no idea weekdays in October were shit.

Monday drops are heavy. It appears that animations even drop 80%+...

Well after being here for more than a year now I already foresee everyone losing their minds when great weekends have shitty Monday drops.I'm just saying...It's NORMAL.

• Like 2

That was Columbus Day, which this year is the 14th.

So Columbus Day and our Thanksgiving fall on the same day every year.  We have TG next Monday as well.

I think we could see a 40M+ 2nd weekend only because of the IMAX and 3D.Although someone mentioned Captain Phillips is getting an IMAX release...?Da Fuq!?

Its a great opening but I'm not gonna lose my mind with $250-$300M "locked" claims. Man of Steel was "locked" for $325M+ after its amazing opening and A- CinemaScore.

MOS wasn't great plus faced massive competition while Gravity's great and it must be seen on the biggest screen possible. It's going to get Oscar bump so 200M+ is very likely. As I'm expecting Cuaron to win the BD. 

I think we could see a 40M+ 2nd weekend only because of the IMAX and 3D.Although someone mentioned Captain Phillips is getting an IMAX release...?Da Fuq!?

It's only getting like 50 screens or something.

Well after being here for more than a year now I already foresee everyone losing their minds when great weekends have shitty Monday drops.I'm just saying...It's NORMAL.

True but usually WOM monsters break the mold so I want be surprised with 60-65% drop on Monday. 

• Like 1

Its a great opening but I'm not gonna lose my mind with $250-$300M "locked" claims. Man of Steel was "locked" for $325M+ after its amazing opening and A- CinemaScore.

Yes, but Man of Steel didn't have the critics hype on its side. Everything in Gravity's first 2 days of release crys for great legs. It's the first time since Avatar, I feel we'll have this "must see in cinema" WOM.