#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

The better the Sunday drop, the worse Monday could be.Monday drops:50% - 60% = HOLY FUCK60% - 65% = Great65% - 70% = Good70% - 75% = Expected75%+ = Fuck you October!

With 60% over 35+, I just don't see how it drops 70%+ tomorrow.  

Edited by druv10

what have you seen it that changed your mind? I personally think the quality differs from each movie and that makes it awful compared to imax which is awesome with every movie.

Very true. Gravity is the best 3D I've ever seen. One of the few I can say I enjoyed.

For the record I only saw it in regular 3D, I'm not sure if Switzerland even has an iMAX screen :(

Hopefully it's still playing in iMAX when I get home in November. Doubtful though.

Edited by aDIM
  • Like 1

Very true. Gravity is the best 3D I've ever seen. One of the few I can say I enjoyed.

For the record I only saw it in regular 3D, I'm not sure if Switzerland even has an iMAX screen :(

Hopefully it's still playing in iMAX when I get home in November. Doubtful though.

It has the most immersive 3D I've seen in a long time. It feels like a mini-Avatar that it must be seen in theaters.  

Actually you could be right. Taken 2 dropped 55% last year on its first Monday. But that might have been Canadian Thanksgiving. So a 65% drop might be more plausible.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=taken2.htmReal Steal dropped 76 % on its second Mon....again, the first was Canadian Thanksgiving.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=realsteel.htm

Yeah I'm expecting something like 65% but that would still be good for this time of year. Considering its performance so far I have to imagine word of mouth is spreading like crazy and should have better than average weekday holds.
  • Like 1

what is TG?

Thanksgiving

GRAVITY payload update: 3D accounted for $44.2M (80%), IMAX $11.2M (20%) Males 54%, 35+ 59%, CinemaScore A-

:o

It played in mostly 3D.  Very few 2D like Avatar.

This is my favorite OW figure of the entire year. Couln't be happier for Cuaron/WB.

I was never a fan of Cuaron before.  Now I am.  This is an astonishing directorial effort.  I like Bullock in it but she is not the star of the film.  The star is Cuaron and the DP.