CJohn

Tuesday Numbers | Gravity - 6.6M

I liked TITE, but I redboxed it last Friday and after a second viewing it felt like a little much. It was smart at times, but again just too much and awkward and not really offensive, but just certain things not needed at times.

Edited by Twerkdrew

So The Heat will be the top box office comedy of the year. At the rate The Millers was going I thought it would pass it. I was looking for a breakdown on BOM of the comedies and their grosses for 2013. They did one for horror but not comedies.

• Like 1

This Is the End was funny at parts but some of the jokes fall flat badly for example the whole  exchange between Franco and McBride was like something written by some really pevereted frat boys.

Danny McBride is a love/hate sort of comedic actor. For instance, I loved the first three seasons of Eastbound & Down. Think the new season is terrible. That scene was hilarious though.

This Is the End was funny at parts but some of the jokes fall flat badly for example the whole  exchange between Franco and McBride was like something written by some really pevereted frat boys.

Yes, you are probably right, it was probably written by two really perverted guys and it was funny as hell.

That was arguably the highlight of the movie.

I don't think arguably is the word.  I think apodictically is the word you are looking for.

I dont think the cum scene in This Is The End is that funny.  :ph34r:

You take back you cheap dime store hood.

• Like 1

TITE is easily the most inventive and daring comedy in years. I think its fucking incredible the thing got made in this day of run of the mill, factory-made comedies. 

Fuckin-A!  

Posted Image

Danny McBride is a love/hate sort of comedic actor. For instance, I loved the first three seasons of Eastbound & Down. Think the new season is terrible. That scene was hilarious though.

I usually can't stand McBride.  But his "character" in TITE is brilliant and it fits perfectly.  

"So Hermoine just stole all our shit."

Personally, I think almost all modern comedies tend to be over-indulgent. They tend to overplay the jokes. I think if they were a bit tighter, they'd be funnier. But that's just me. btw, a post producer buddy just ran into McBride on our little lot the other day. Dude was apparently very cool, posed for a picture, etc.

Edited by Telemachos

I think the thing about TITE that makes it so good is that they had no fear.  It kind of reminds me of Porky's in a way.  Porky's was independent and not only was the film full of nudity, which was a staple of 80's teen films, but the humour was raunchy and hilarious.  The sketch artist prick drawing speech given in the principals office reminds me of the cum scene in TITE.  Both really are hilarious and both will be remembered as pushing the envelope.  IMO of course.

• Like 1