#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

It's cool to see 2 adult thrillers breakout in back to back weeks. Obviously Gravity is on another level but Captain Phillips should have an impressive run in its own right. Will probably push for 100m if early WOM is an indicator.

Gravity appears to be unaffected though if it can hit that coveted 40m+ this weekend. Good to see the BO strong in October!

• Like 1

Silly E, we get weekend estimates before Friday numbers!

I thought those estimates were already posted in the Thursday thread. They've been around for a while, lol. I thought we'd have some Friday numbers by now.

It's cool to see 2 adult thrillers breakout in back to back weeks. Obviously Gravity is on another level but Captain Phillips should have an impressive run in its own right. Will probably push for 100m if early WOM is an indicator.

Gravity appears to be unaffected though if it can hit that coveted 40m+ this weekend. Good to see the BO strong in October!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at this rate I'd imagine we're in for a record breaking October no?

So has anybody seen Captain Phillips? LOL Twitter people saying it had grown men crying in the theater, lol. Funny tweets.

Everyone in the movies heard my dad crying during Captain Phillips

Captain Phillips not only blew me away, but made up for the last 5 movies Tom Hanks did

Expand

Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips is the best acting you'll ever witness

Do yourself a favor and go see Captain Phillips. Tom Hanks is a master. Brb while I go invest in Kleenex.

Saw Gravity yesterday and Captain Phillips tonight, and now watching 24. Needless to say my testosterone levels are through the roof.

October does seem to be the month where breakout hits occurs but is also a good month for adult oriented drama. Given the success of Gravity, it would be good to see a film that would normally be a summer or holiday release released in October. we've seen April get the likes of Obilvion and two Fast and Furious films so maybe next year we will see something like Man from UNCLE or Mad Max released in October.

• Like 1

October does seem to be the month where breakout hits occurs but is also a good month for adult oriented drama. Given the success of Gravity, it would be good to see a film that would normally be a summer or holiday release released in October. we've seen April get the likes of Obilvion and two Fast and Furious films so maybe next year we will see something like Man from UNCLE or Mad Max released in October.

October is a good month to release a medium level blockbuster but there is no reason to release a film in April unless Easter is in April 

So, Mexico makes the playoffs against New Zealand?

Still 1 more game. Honduras could lose to USA(with no goals) and Mexico could beat Costa Rica to have a chance at 3rd place.

October is a good month to release a medium level blockbuster but there is no reason to release a film in April unless Easter is in April

The success of the Marvel films which are usually released in late April OS have made it a viable month for big films, TASM 2 has a mid April release OS. If March can have big releases then its only a matter of time before April gets a $100m OW,