#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

So happy Gravity is performing the way it does. When was the last time an original sci-fi, not called called Avatar or Inception, did this well?

1. Good news - Hopefully, we'll get more big budget, original sci-fis.

2. Bad news - We will get more crappy 3D conversions.

• Like 2

2. Bad news - We will get more crappy 3D conversions.

Probably the second. People are too lazy to come with origina sci-fi's like this was.

About the performing, no idea, but Independence Day opened to 50M and finished with 300M, so...

Around 20M, I presume... With some shitty marketing, maybe a little bit more. It won't make enough to cut even.

I just checked BOM and the budget isn't listed. But man that cast list :o

with the exception of Mel Gibson that's the who's who of c-z list actors.

Actors: Danny Trejo Michelle Rodriguez Sofia Vergara Amber Heard Charlie Sheen Antonio Banderas Jessica Alba Alexa Vega Vanessa Hudgens Cuba Gooding, Jr. Mel Gibson

So happy Gravity is performing the way it does. When was the last time an original sci-fi, not called called Avatar or Inception, did this well?1. Good news - Hopefully, we'll get more big budget, original sci-fis.2. Bad news - We will get more crappy 3D conversions.

Are you sure that Gravity is sci-fi? Are you really sure?:ph34r:
  • Like 2

If anything, I hope the contrary - Gravity is proof that people still are ready to pay for 3D if it's well done. They opt for the cheaper 2D when it's a crappy conversion.

My hope is that the film studios take away that if they make a good 3D experience people will come because that is something they can only get in the theater. Make 3D special.

• Like 1