#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

With Honduras’ 1-0 victory over Costa Rica earlier today, it means Mexico must defeat Costa Rica on Tuesday and hope Honduras loses at Jamaica. Any other combination of results would have Mexico end in 4th place, and be forced to play New Zealand in November.

• Like 1

So basically Mexico will face New Zealand in November because there's no way Honduras loses.

Of course, Mexico cannot lose on Tuesday either.

BTW, Gravity needs to hit at least 11.5M on Friday to hit 40M this weekend.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

So basically Mexico will face New Zealand in November because there's no way Honduras loses.

Of course, Mexico cannot lose on Tuesday either.

BTW, Gravity needs to hit at least 11.5M on Friday to hit 40M this weekend.

The European groups are pretty interesting as well. Asia, Oceania and Africa are done which means we won't get scenes like this one from 4 years ago when Egypt needed to win 2-0 to force a playoff against Algeria (they promptly lost the playoff though but this moment was amazing watching it live) skip to 50 seconds

• Like 1

Anxious for the Gravity numbers. Im home for Fall break and I've convinced my family to go. I wanted to see Cap Phil but Im gonna save that for a cheap Tuesday and do Gravity again, maybe in 2D.

Also, just finally watched Wreck It Ralph on Starz. I knew it was good, but I was very impressed after finally seeing it. I know its WDA, but it felt like Pixar and better. The story was very strong and the visuals were great. The voice acting was great also. I'ma save it on my DVR.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 1

Check out the JIminez goal today. A BICYCLE KICK GOAL! 

All this long long buildup, matches upon matches played over the past 4 years. In the end, I am predicting a Brazil vs. Spain final in a repeat of the Confed Cup from this year. Germany and Argentina will probably be the other semifinalists.

Edited by grim22

Well GRAVITY increased from estimates last weekend.

Those estimated fell short too. Originally it was supposed to do almost 60 million, but ended up with 55 million (which isn't bad at all).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

I don't think it ever had a 60m estimate, did it? Aside from excited people here, of course. :)

I believe it was brought up on this board as being a possibility though, but the estimates fell a couple million short so it wasn't to be so. 

To be fair on boxofficefanatic when RTH gave us a 20 million estimate a lot of people said 60 million was a strong possibility (not blaming RTH at all for anything, he's amazing :P

^ This. People were jumping on 60 million too soon.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

It was a close one tonight, Captain Phillips beats Gravity in attendance, barely.263-258That's pretty incredible for Gravity. AND it was only down from last Friday by about 52%.

Shit that's good for CP. Nobody was expecting to beat Gravity anyway. Incredible for both movies.

This will be the Sherlock Holmes to Avatar run. Yeah I know Avatar and SH opened on the same day. But this is similar.