#ED

10/11 - 10/13 Wknd Est: Gravity - 44.2M; Captain Phillips - 26M; CWCM2 - 14.2M; Machete - 3.7M

It may do well just for curious audience (not more than $60M). But Stallone & Arnie are losing fans fast

in the days of ensemble pics like FF and fanboy/girl movies like TA & THG. I think GRUDGE MATCH

looks more interesting, the story is more human. ESCAPE PLAN looks like another prison break

movie. But who knows what in this crazy year. Everybody's predicting GRAVITY at $100M or so.

Now it is making $124M in 10 days. Nobody knows shit anymore.

Escape Plan will be very lucky to cross 40M DOM.

• Like 1

Amazing Gravity hold! And Captain Philipps performance is nothing to be ashamed of either!  :)

It is a forgettable run and it is already behind the first movie.

Saw the movie this week and I was pretty disappointed. Not as funny as the first one and the story is really weak. It will still get solid box office because of no competition though

Saw the movie this week and I was pretty disappointed. Not as funny as the first one and the story is really weak. It will still get solid box office because of no competition though

Always thought the story was weak going by the trailers, when compared to the first.

I gotta say, after months of reading crap like "Sandra sucks" and "this will flop" underneath every article or trailer on YT, Gravity's performance, both critically and financially is one of the most satisfying Box Office runs in history.

So many trolls eating words.

I. Love. It.

Edited by PatrickvD
  • Like 1

I gotta say, after months of reading crap like "Sandra sucks" and "this will flop" underneath every article or trailer on YT, Gravity's performance, both critically and financially is one of the most satisfying Box Office runs in history.

So many trolls eating words.

I. Love. It.

People actaully said " Sandra sucks " ?

I want names, IP adresses, E-Mails and postal numbers.

• Like 1

People actaully said " Sandra sucks " ?

I want names, IP adresses, E-Mails and postal numbers.

I know this is not a representation of the entire internet, but dip your toe in the IMDB forum for example. So much hatred.

And yeah. How anyone can hate her is beyond me. 

I know this is not a representation of the entire internet, but dip your toe in the IMDB forum for example. So much hatred.

And yeah. How anyone can hate her is beyond me. 

I thought you meant our amazing forum.

IMDB forums are a disease.

Edited by The Futurist

Huge $44.3M wknd at #1 for #Gravity, down a slim 21%. $123.4M total, set to smash $200M, may even reach $250M.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/389400045743001600

44 million coming from a 21% drop. That would mean a x5 multiplier. If it is able to keep it, it should make another 176 million from now (44*4), what would head it to 300 total.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1