kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS (10.14.2013) 6.2 M GRAVITY

This is the second year in a row where a subpar summer has led us into a kick-ass fall season. I hope studios notice this trend and spread some of the quality around (not that I want movies like Gravity to only open in the summer, but yearlong quality is always a good thing). 

Except the summer was record breaking, although it might be smart to make a few less blockbusters and give the smaller ones like Rim spring or fall dates.

Except the summer was record breaking, although it might be smart to make a few less blockbusters and give the smaller ones like Rim spring or fall dates.

LOL Rim wasn't small. I think it needed summer to maximize its potential.

Edited by ECSTASY

Since one of the most fun daily numbers threads was the discussion of Lily Collins and Liam Hemsworth - McAfee released that Lily Collins was the "Most Dangerous Celebrity on the Internet", 14.5% of searches for her ended up landing on pages with malware.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/microsites/most-dangerous-celebrities/index.html

When you search for pictures and downloads of Lily Collins you have about a 14.5% chance of landing on a page that tested positive for spam, adware, spyware, viruses, or other malware.

Edited by grim22

Cant believe people are still talking about 300m. It was locked. 

Move on to 350m or more.

Not locked.  That's almost a 6X.  Far from locked.

Talking about 550m. I wont rule out that number if wins BP and plays through out next Winter.

How many films have gotten a 5.5X in the last 4 years?  Go look it up.  Go find a film that has been released wide and find out how many of them have a 5.5X. There aren't many. 

This is the second year in a row where a subpar summer has led us into a kick-ass fall season. I hope studios notice this trend and spread some of the quality around (not that I want movies like Gravity to only open in the summer, but yearlong quality is always a good thing).

There weren't many things that were subpar about the summer.