kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS (10.14.2013) 6.2 M GRAVITY

I can't see it reaching 150M this Friday.

After Monday, Gravity has grossed 128.5M. Let's add

4.2M

3.5M

3.5M

We're at 139-140M after Thursday. Can't see it doing +10M on Friday. It's more likely to do a gross in the 8-9M range unless it drops less than expected this Tuesday and Wednesday

• Like 1

I can't see it reaching 150M this Friday.

After Monday, Gravity has grossed 128.5M. Let's add

4.2M

3.5M

3.5M

We're at 139-140M after Thursday. Can't see it doing +10M on Friday. It's more likely to do a gross in the 8-9M range unless it drops less than expected this Tuesday and Wednesday

I expect it to be able to hit 35m over the next weekend so I could easily see a 10+ Friday.

Good number. Would be interesting to see its tuesday drop. Hopefully its sub 30%.

Of the 3 films on their 11th day there, it's more likely to play like Looper. So sub 30% is possible I'd say.

I saw that "$6.2 mil Monday" and said to myself "why did someone bump up the Monday thread from last week...", then I noticed the October 15th at the bottom. Amazing number! And thats amazing considering Columbus Day isn't that big a holiday. Most people in America still have to go to work and school. I'm on Fall Break so I technically didn't have to go, but the break isn't about CD, it just falls on it. Still amazing number.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 3

Is there any film that resembles GRAVITY in performance?

None of you are looking at October movies but a Summer movie?

I am looking at MONSTERS INC. It did $122M in its 2nd weekend

off a $45M weekend gross. But it opened at $62M.

Someone is right when he said GRAVITY's floor is at $255M,

which is this Pixar animation's final gross.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but how do you expect it to get to $400m?

Seriously, I mean. I can see GRAVITY being heavily promoted during OScar season to push it past $300M

but $400M is beyond space, you are too far out into the vacuum that even George Clooney won't come and get you