kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS (10.14.2013) 6.2 M GRAVITY

300m is locked guys. How could anybody deny that? 19 films have had a 3rd weekend >30m and only two films (Up & Chamber of Secrets) failed to hit 300m - although adjusted for inflation they both are well above 300m. I'd say 320m is as low as this is going.

It won't need a heavy Oscar push to reach $300m. But yeah, I don't see $400m without some real surprises.

I see it easily grossing an extra $15m after Oscar noms come out in January.  That would only be its 15th week and it should still be grossing above $1m a weekend.

Gravity won't win BP because of 12YAS. And, that kind of makes me upset because this will be the fourth year in a row a historical film has won BP. I'm counting The Artist as a historical film since it takes place back in the silent era and is silent.

Gravity won't win BP because of 12YAS. And, that kind of makes me upset because this will be the fourth year in a row a historical film has won BP. I'm counting The Artist as a historical film since it takes place back in the silent era and is silent.

You're getting upset because you've convinced yourself in your head that you can predict the future? ;)  :)

• Like 1

Ive gone looney and think it will do 350.

If the Oscar hype is working, it just might.

You will be surprised how many Americans 

wait for BluRay & Pay-Per-View instead of

paying for a ticket. Cinemas have lost a lot

of its magic. 

Or maybe the studios don't want to split their

earning with theaters anymore. Home Video

& PPV are the only way they can get their

earnings directly. For example,

HBO is owned by Warner.

Edited by zackzack

300m is locked guys. How could anybody deny that? 19 films have had a 3rd weekend >30m and only two films (Up & Chamber of Secrets) failed to hit 300m - although adjusted for inflation they both are well above 300m. I'd say 320m is as low as this is going.

second this

I can see Gravity winning most of the technical awards at the Oscars. It'll probably sweep all those categories. Don't think it will get BP and perhaps Bullock will get Best Actress considering the Academy loves her.