Krissykins

Weekend Numbers Oct 18-21

Lmao, so piggybacking off our earlier discussion, there's a Cinemascore rep outside of 12 Years a Slave tonight, and they just handed me a survey as I walked in. I havent seen a Cinemascore rep once on thousands and thousands of movies ive seen, and I finally see one the night we talk about here.

• Like 5

• Founder / Operator

Actually Keanu is one of the most successful actors in Hollywood. And before Bullock did The Proposal Bullock wasnt rwally much of a draw.

I'd like to see Keanu keep making documentaries. Side by Side was excellent.

• Like 3

I really liked Keanu in Something's Gotta Give, he was surprisingly believable as a doctor there and very charming. He should've done a few more rom-coms.

Do CinemaScore reps go the same five cities or do they mix it up? Five locations, I still can't get over that. Truly pathetic in the web era. You would think some organization like Gallup would've horned in the movie reaction polling business years ago.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

Lmao, so piggybacking off our earlier discussion, there's a Cinemascore rep outside of 12 Years a Slave tonight, and they just handed me a survey as I walked in. I havent seen a Cinemascore rep once on thousands and thousands of movies ive seen, and I finally see one the night we talk about here.

Give it an F and write that you confused it with 50 Shades of Grey

• Like 1

... and PRECIOUS?

Yeah, I would agree this part is a little troubling. Precious, while set in the 20th century and not about slavery, covers some pretty grim/depressing terrain in its own right, and managed $1.87m in 18 theaters for its opening weekend. Granted, it did have the Oprah seal of approval back when she had her daily show, so that probably helped, but 12YAS has received a lot of attention and is the kind of movie you would expect to do amazingly in limited release.

so no one will help me to turn the signatures on again? :(

>Click on your name with the drag down list on the top of the page below Webwatch

>Go to "My Settings"

>Go to "Ignore Prefs"

>Uncheck the "ignore all sig" checkbox

:)

• Like 1

$9m is solid for the $70m+ budgeted Escape Plan.$16m is weak for the $30m budgeted Carrie.OKAY THEN.

didnt know the $70m budget when I wrote that ... then again, EP was always expected to do around $10m, so ...

$16m is a bit weak compared with tracking (20m+).