Krissykins

Weekend Numbers Oct 18-21

Gravity continues to show some very sexy legs.

LOL at The Fifth Estate. Saw that bad opening for Escape Plan coming, but I am still sad. Expected for Carrie. There was nothing appealing in the trailers.

Well, the friend of mine who saw the Fifth Estate alone in a theater said she enjoyed it, but I wouldn't. Wasn't planning on seeing it anyway :lol:

I also managed to sell three people on seeing Gravity this weekend, two of which were in 3D. Awesome to see it doing well

Even though inflation has a lot to do with it, Sandra Bullock will become the only woman to ever have two films in which her name was above the title gross over 200 million domestically, maybe even 250.

Top that, Ryan Reynolds. ;)

He needs what? 2 600M movies? Christian Bale and RDJ must be afraid right now  :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I'm happy for the October successes but it's a pity they rolled over Rush (pun intended). It'll probably stall out (again, pun intended) around 28m, which show weak legs for a movie that I think could've really clicked with audiences. Ah well, at least it's more successful than Daniel Bruhl's other movie...

• Like 1

Aren't people getting sick of Cumberbatch?

Reminds me of when Jude Law seemed to be in every other movie for a while.

I don't think people are actively avoiding his films because of him.

Edited by RichWS