Don't worry about the last 6.

:angry: There's lots of internet hate toward the show. I understand the sentiment, but nonetheless it's a great, groundbreaking series. Heads up, though: don't sweat all the crazy mysteries and expect everything to be answered. Many things aren't, and some of the ones that are end up being more prosaic and less interesting than when they were mysterious and unknown. Watch it for the many great characters, some genius plotting, some wild twists, and just go on the whole crazy ride.

So many shows tried to imitate its twists and turns and cliffhangers, but they missed the most important ingredient: the reason all of that works in LOST is because of the characters and our emotional connection to them.

• Like 4

Season 1 is the best. The next best sequence is the final third of Season 3 (starting with "Catch-22"). Those 6-7 episodes are a great stretch of building tension, character drama, and revelations.

There are gems scattered throughout, though. It's really amazing how out there they got with some of their metaphysical and science-fiction concepts (even if some aren't quite nailed or become a bit too literal).

A problem was that they got so out there with some bits they tried to reel it back in but overcorrected and the result was a kinda unsatisfying shrug of an answer.

Season 4 is the best full season after Season 1 I think. It has a couple stumbles, namely the Appendectomy Episode, but it was a fresh new take on the plot structure for the show, even if the writer's strike cut it down by a couple episodes.

:angry: There's lots of internet hate toward the show. I understand the sentiment, but nonetheless it's a great, groundbreaking series. Heads up, though: don't sweat all the crazy mysteries and expect everything to be answered. Many things aren't, and some of the ones that are end up being more prosaic and less interesting than when they were mysterious and unknown. Watch it for the many great characters, some genius plotting, some wild twists, and just go on the whole crazy ride. So many shows tried to imitate its twists and turns and cliffhangers, but they missed the most important ingredient: the reason all of that works in LOST is because of the characters and our emotional connection to them.

That's all well and good but I stuck with it to the bitter end and I want ANSWERS! Damn you! ANSWERS!(Please take no personal offence. This is directed at the universe in general.)
  • Like 1

I found the proper ending, like the last 10 or so minutes, incredibly moving. I have no qualms in saying I cried a river. It's some of the other issues beforehand I have problems with, but not enough to undo all the wonderful stuff they did throughout the show.

• Like 1

I found the proper ending, like the last 10 or so minutes, incredibly moving. I have no qualms in saying I cried a river. It's some of the other issues beforehand I have problems with, but not enough to undo all the wonderful stuff they did throughout the show.

Yes, in terms of emotional character moments they absolutely nailed the ending. The last few shots are pitch-perfect.

• Like 1