Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Deadline spinning the move because potential flop Tarzan had all the IMax screens reserved, so moving for for IMax  screens is one excuse

Potential flop Tarzan?

Eh...possibly. It's ok Saturday afternoon entertainment. Yes, I saw it. It's alright. Nothing great.

Can somebody explain to me how this is a better release date than the old one?

It's because of IMAX. TARZAN has the IMAX screens all to itself on July 8th, depriving STAR TREK BEYOND of those IMAX dollars. According to THR, KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE: KING ARTHUR might be shifting dates as well, giving STB the chance to have those IMAX screens.

The question is, will this decision be worth it considering the fact that it will face the UNTITLED BOURNE FILM and SUICIDE SQUAD in two weeks?

• Like 1

Late legs is why it could be better, Paramount is probably hoping for something similar to MI. It should also definitely be able to win it's OW with Ice Age not going to be big.

But what M:I - RN faced is different from what this will face. July and August next year will be a bloodbath. We need to keep our expectations in check.

• Like 1

But what M:I - RN faced is different from what this will face. July and August next year will be a bloodbath. We need to keep our expectations in check.

Suicide Squad is the only major release in August (there's Pete's Dragon too but it's aimed at families and I'm not sure if it'll be successful), Star Trek and Bourne will be able to have solid legs going into September.

• Like 1

Suicide Squad is the only major release in August (there's Pete's Dragon too but it's aimed at families and I'm not sure if it'll be successful), Star Trek and Bourne will be able to have solid legs going into September.

I hope that happens. However, I think it will be tough since these three movies have similar target demos.

• Like 1

So among all this SW hype after that's awesome teaser, I thouhgt of this (kind of forgotten about it, more a SW guy than Stat Trek but I loved the new ST movies). When do you think we'll see the first trailer drop ? Will it be attached to Star Wars this December ? Big audience and another space adventure, would be fitting. Paramount should go for a spot there I think (tons of other studios will want one though, so places will be expensive and Disney has quite a lot of their movies to promote there) .

• Like 1