Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

Even though I find the score for the first one pretty great, I think a strong villain theme like Ode to Harrison is what that needed to become of one of the best.

His theme for Nero in ST09 was solid. It was on the simple side but effective.

20 minutes ago, Goffe said:

that's the problem though, it was just solid.

I do prefer on the whole ST09's music to STiD's. Harrison's theme is great, but Giacchino recycles Enterprising Young Men a bit too much and a few places it didn't fit well.

That said, I think my favorite action beat from either of the films is The San Fran Hustle from STiD.

Got the trailer in at our cinema today (very rare we get one in before it shows up online). It's pretty short and fun - set to Sabotage by the Beastie Boys (which also seems to show up in the film itself as Kirk comments on it being a good choice). Lots of action shots - the ship seems to get destroyed again, leaving Kirk and co. without many resources seemingly stuck on an alien planet which looks great and the alien designs are really nice (I think on of them may have been Idris Elba but it was hard to tell - spends most of the trailer with a female alien) - white faced with black ridged lines over them. As I say, not a long trailer - just over a minute - and it's hard to grasp the plot but it look fun - and McCoy/Spock get a great comedy moment together.

Though it is odd to see "From Justin Lin, Director of Fast & Furious" on a trailer for a Star Trek film.

A description of the trailer from someone on blu-ray forums.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=213540&page=71

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Got the trailer in at our cinema today (very rare we get one in before it shows up online). It's pretty short and fun - set to Sabotage by the Beastie Boys (which also seems to show up in the film itself as Kirk comments on it being a good choice). Lots of action shots - the ship seems to get destroyed again, leaving Kirk and co. without many resources seemingly stuck on an alien planet which looks great and the alien designs are really nice (I think on of them may have been Idris Elba but it was hard to tell - spends most of the trailer with a female alien) - white faced with black ridged lines over them. As I say, not a long trailer - just over a minute - and it's hard to grasp the plot but it look fun - and McCoy/Spock get a great comedy moment together.

Though it is odd to see "From Justin Lin, Director of Fast & Furious" on a trailer for a Star Trek film.

A description of the trailer from someone on blu-ray forums.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=213540&page=71

Pretty early to lose the ship.