Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

15 hours ago, Newbie said:

Hollywood Accounting.  The actual budget or the film was significantly lower (though still extremely high for its day0.  it included the development and preproduction coast of Star Trek Phase II, it included all the payouts to the actors to keep them available, when it was seemingly forever going from new tv series, no film, no tv series, no film, eat, eat.  

But again still extremely high, budget wise just for the film itself, but lets see starts shooting before a script is complete paying two fx houses (hell did we even call them houses back them), to get the vast amount of special visual fx done on time, all because they weren't going to change its release date.  Whats weird considering that the film results have never been stellar, many of th TOS films set record breaking opening weekends.  Trek was the original front loaded film franchise.

I will be interested in seeing if this 3rd film in the reboot TOS series, manages to score a larger adjusted for inflation US box office performance.  Loved that Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness both outperformed star Trek the Motion Picture and the Wrath of Khan when adjusting for inflation (though i do wish that Into Darkness would have had more actual admissions, which star Trek did manage, oh well).  I honestly don't expect that to happen this time, but heck I might get surprised.

Anyone have any idea how much of an Imax run this film will get?  Both earlier ones did extremely well in Imax, considering that there were just modest hits, and not big blockbusters.

Actually apparently adjusted for inflation only Star Trek 09 passed both The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan. Into Darkness is #4 behind 09, The Motion Picture, and The Voyage Home.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

“I gave a lengthy telephone interview, but the headlines have been misleading. Apparently, controversy makes for better sales! Let me be clear: I am not disappointed that there is a gay character in Star Trek,” George said in his new statement. “On the contrary, as I made clear, I am delighted that the Star Trek franchise has addressed this issue, which is truly one of diversity. It is thrilling to know that future generations will not see LGBTs go wholly unrepresented in the Trek universe.”

• Like 3