Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Just imagine they getting hints of the war through the film, and at the end of the film, they arrive on a destroyed Earth. That would be amazing. The fourth film would be about the Klingon war, with the reboot cast or not (depending if they want take a different direction it after the third)

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

With the news that JJ ain't gonna be helming Ep 8 and 9 (unlike we all assumed), I wonder if he may return to ST franchise

Doubt it as I imagine he'll be too busy with the post production and editing of Star Wars when Trek 3 eventually starts shooting. 

In relation to Bond, I love them but they do vary in quality. It's a real credit to the producers that they are able to update the character with each change of actors to keep the franchise not only fresh but relevant to the audiences of the time.

• Like 3

Doubt it as I imagine he'll be too busy with the post production and editing of Star Wars when Trek 3 eventually starts shooting. 

In relation to Bond, I love them but they do vary in quality. It's a real credit to the producers that they are able to update the character with each change of actors to keep the franchise not only fresh but relevant to the audiences of the time.

Why not? ST4 won't be out til 2018/2019, will have plenty of time to make ST4 post VII.

• Like 2

I can't even begin to understand why Paramount would hand a $150m blockbuster to someone who's never directed anything in his life.

Star Trek 3 will likely be a celebration of Trek like Skyfall was to Bond so I don't think it'll be that dark. I reckon the Klingon war will be in full swing.

Skyfall had a talented and proven director at the helm. 

• Like 1

I can't even begin to understand why Paramount would hand a $150m blockbuster to someone who's never directed anything in his life.

just another stupid exec decision. They must have thought "oh they made the Star Trek and Transformers movies, clearly people liked those films because of the script"

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

With the news that JJ ain't gonna be helming Ep 8 and 9 (unlike we all assumed), I wonder if he may return to ST franchise

I doubt it.After Star Wars, he's basically epic tier director...he's not gonna make a sequel to someone else's movie.That's like expecting Spielberg to go back to Jurassic Park.Ain't happening.
  • Like 3