Ball Lightning

Deadline and Nikki Finke part ways

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/deadline-com-and-nikki-finke-parting-ways/

Despite attempts by all to have it go otherwise, Nikki Finke will no longer be leading Deadline Hollywood, and she will not be writing weekend box office or filing stories going forward. This is an emotional and painful parting of the ways for us. When we joined Deadline four years ago from The Hollywood Reporter and Variety (respectively), we felt that we were doing something disruptive and game-changing. That spirit is what brought us together and will keep us together, and the current team will remain on that path. Businesses evolve and change, and we’ve learned that no one is indispensable. We will be adding a few significant hires to our staff imminently and, though we will never completely replace Nikki’s unique voice, we will continue ahead, charging hard, breaking every story possible. On behalf of everyone at PMC and Deadline Hollywood, we wish her well and appreciate the opportunity to have worked alongside her.

She wasn't supposed to leave officially until January. But I read some tweets of hers a couple of days ago that were deleted. She was calling out all kinds of people at Penske. Didn't recognize the name of the main villian in her story but she said he was the real culprit behind her demise.

I was on my phone so I couldn't copy and paste it here. When I got to my computer the tweets were gone.

And now I see Deadline has just cut the cord.

Nikki at deadline was fun. She fed us and we loved it no matter how off her numbers were sometimes.

She was harsh and biased and some of the things she said could have been better left unsaid but there's no denying that she made Friday and Saturday nights on the both boards a whole lot of fun.

Who will feed us now? :lol: