grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Gravity is holding extremely well.  -36.3% after losing IMAX to Ender's Game and -34.5% after losing 3D to Thor.

Losing 3D to Thor? What nonsense is this? 2D showings of Gravity ended around here this weekend, and all the theaters are only showing it in 3D. Your local theater manager must have mental deficiencies if he chose to show Gravity in 2D but not 3D.

say i'm debating going to the cinema today , captain phillips or ender's game?

answers as quick as possible  the cap is at 3.30 and ender's at 4.25pm, if i chose cap i have to leave in the next half hour 

then again i might stay home hmmm

I saw this on World of KJ.

Thor 2 3D shar was 39%

so

In b.o.:

THOR 1 (60 % 3D) = $39.4m 3D & $26.3m 2D

THOR 2 (39 % 3D) = $33.6m 3D & $52.5m 2D

Thor 2 sold way way more tickets. 

Sam posted this in the Thor thread.

answers as quick as possible  the cap is at 3.30 and ender's at 4.25pm, if i chose cap i have to leave in the next half hour 

Captain Phillips was really good. I haven't seen enders game.

UPDATE: Domestic Box Office Top 10: ‘Thor 2′ Eyeing $86 To $87.7 Million Weekend

2ND UPDATE: Thor: The Dark World has performed more strongly than expected and it will finish anywhere from $85.8 million this weekend to $87.7 million, even though I have one pundit who feels it could exceed that. Though many of our commenters have taken after Thor (and me, but the latter is inevitable given who I am temporarily replacing) in the comment thread following this box office report, Thor 2 is doing what a sequel is supposed to do. It is the ninth biggest November debut ever, coming just behind last year’s 007 pic Skyfall‘s $88.36 million, and it is the fourth biggest opening weekend of the year behind Iron Man 3‘s $174 million, Man Of Steel‘s $116.6 million and Fast 6‘s $97.4 million. It is scoring with younger audiences. Internationally, it is doing twice as well overseas as here, and that means the film could land upwards of $600 million.

Edited by ECSTASY

I enjoyed both. I have never read Ender's Game, and Ender is not the type of character I was expecting to see in the movie, so that's probably why it worked so well for me. Captain Phillips was also a really good movie, but for some reason I find myself not quite as in love with movies like Argo and Capt Phillips as other people are.

I think you'd like both though.