Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

With M:I5 now scheduled a week later, this should move.

Move Pan to Christmas 2015. 

Move San Andreas to MLK 2016. 

Move The Man From UNCLE to June 19, 2015. 

Move Point Break to September 4, 2015

Otherwise, WB's highest grossing summer film could be Gallows with $110-115 million  :lol: I wouldn't mind Mad Max 4 winning, but I could see $85-90 million right now. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

I'd say move it to June 26th. Ted 2 shouldn't be running unopposed.

WB isn't going to release 3 consecutive releases for 3 straight weeks. 

I would say Point Break or Man From UNCLE would be better choices for June 26. Both are more adult-skewing films, whereas Pan is targeting the same family demo Tomorrowland, Inside Out, Jurassic World, Minions, Ant-Man and Pixels will satisfy over that next month (June 26-July 31). Both of those are dumping ground films anyways haha - I don't see either becoming huge success stories. 

Christmas is perfect since fantasy does remarkably well during this time period (Narnia, LOTR/Hobbit). I can't imagine 2 Oscar bait dramas, a comedy and Alvin 4/Monster Trucks being the entire December release slate other than SW7. Pan also doesn't need $200 million+ DOM to be a success, like MI5 does. It can still get $500-600 million WW through OS numbers. 

Pan could do $130-150 million there, as opposed to $65-75 million where it currently is. Ant-Man, Minions and Pixels could combine for $600-700 million. MI5 and Terminator could also add another $350 million combined. July 2015 is pretty jam-packed. 

• Like 1

This is fine where it is, since it looks like it's aiming mainly to families with the big name adult stars as a bonus to lure in adults. This and Mission: Impossible won't have much overlap. Though if it does move, yes, they should go for June 26.

WB isn't going to release 3 consecutive releases for 3 straight weeks. 

I would say Point Break or Man From UNCLE would be better choices for June 26. Both are more adult-skewing films, whereas Pan is targeting the same family demo Tomorrowland, Inside Out, Jurassic World, Minions, Ant-Man and Pixels will satisfy over that next month (June 26-July 31). Both of those are dumping ground films anyways haha - I don't see either becoming huge success stories. 

Christmas is perfect since fantasy does remarkably well during this time period (Narnia, LOTR/Hobbit). I can't imagine 2 Oscar bait dramas, a comedy and Alvin 4/Monster Trucks being the entire December release slate other than SW7. Pan also doesn't need $200 million+ DOM to be a success, like MI5 does. It can still get $500-600 million WW through OS numbers. 

Pan could do $130-150 million there, as opposed to $65-75 million where it currently is. Ant-Man, Minions and Pixels could combine for $600-700 million. MI5 and Terminator could also add another $350 million combined. July 2015 is pretty jam-packed. 

Why are you expecting so much for Pixels? Who's betting on Adam Sandler at all these days?

• Like 1

This is fine where it is, since it looks like it's aiming mainly to families with the big name adult stars as a bonus to lure in adults. This and Mission: Impossible won't have much overlap. Though if it does move, yes, they should go for June 26.

Why are you expecting so much for Pixels? Who's betting on Adam Sandler at all these days?

I'm not betting on Sandler - I'm betting on the concept and the lack of family-friendly (non R-rated) comedies this next summer. 

Switch this and Max around (which is on June 26th). Pan is a much bigger film for WB, and the 26th is currently the best spot.

Huh?

Anyway - It's my one of the most anticipating movies this summer (amongst Avengers and Inside Out, which I deffinitelly will not see in cinemas, 'cause I hate dubbed movies).