Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

It's not that packed especially with MI5 moving out to make more room for Star Wars.  Christmas time always expands demand and a movie aimed toward families with younger kids should have room there.

If the 2003 film couldn't withstand the final Lord of the Rings movie, this sure as hell won't survive Star Wars 7.

If the 2003 film couldn't withstand the final Lord of the Rings movie, this sure as hell won't survive Star Wars 7.

Want to provide evidence that the co-existence of LOTR had anything at all to do with its flopping? 

A move to December makes the most sense, probably Dec 4 or Dec11.  Move In the Heart of the Sea  to November, there is no reason that an drama should open by itself in December, its not a tentpole film. It really doesnt matter where you put it, the adult audience will find time to watch it, if they are interested. 

if they want to completely kill Pan, then they'll push it all the way to February. 

WB really needs to push back Midnight Special and Point Break, i dont think either of those films will succeed in those crowded dates. 

Edited by babz06

December 25th only has Monster Trucks and Alvin 4 two days before so if Pan moves to December, I imagine Paramount would move Monster Trucks to early 2016

A move to December makes the most sense, probably Dec 4 or Dec11.  Move In the Heart of the Sea  to November, since it's a drama, not a tentpole film. It really doesnt matter where you put it, the adult audience will find time to watch it, if they are interested. 

WB really needs to push back Midnight Special and Point Break, i dont think either of those films will succeed in those crowded dates.

In the Heart of the Sea sounds like Oscar bait so I wouldn't be surprised if that gets a limited release in December then opening wide in January

Edited by Jonwo

December 25th only has Monster Trucks and Alvin 4 two days before so if Pan moves to December, I imagine Paramount would move Monster Trucks to early 2016

In the Heart of the Sea sounds like Oscar bait so I wouldn't be surprised if that gets a limited release in December then opening wide in January

I don't know. Chris Hemsworth's last movie. Blackhat bombed In Mid-January Edited by Masterwolf

I don't know. Chris Hemsworth's last movie. Blackhat bombed In Mid-January

Blackhat was a horrible non-Oscar bait thriller. Heart of the Sea is in line with critically well-received films like American Sniper or Lone Survivor that received a wide release in January.

Heart of the Sea could do great as an MLK 2016 wide opener. Platform release in December of course.

Pan shouldn't move to December 11th though. Star Wars Episode VII will nuke its potential OW and legs respectively.