ecstasy

Wednesday Numbers 11/13/2013-Thor 2 Mighty Drop $3,565,731

This pleases me. Movie was so meh that it does not deserve more than 205-210 mil. So much for so called "Loki`s Army" and his "huge" popularity (and gods know Marvel tried to capitalize on it during marketing period, and it`s frustrated me to no end being Thor`s fan) ... 

Edited by Talon
  • Like 1

Given the screenwriter/director combination, I was never truly excited for Thor 2. Honestly, even with the fantastic trailer, not too jazzed about Caps 2 either. But, more so than Thor 2. Now, Guardians of the Galaxy, with James Gunn writing and directing, Avengers 2 with Whedon handling it again and Ant-Man with Edgar Wright at the helm, all have me pretty anxious for their respective release dates. All three of the aforementioned filmmakers nary disappoint... At least for me.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Eh, I was expecting it to hold better. It's a hell of a comedy.

I am one of those strange people that didn't find anything particularly funny in this movie not even the "cameo". Only "he is dead" "great!" perhaps.

This pleases me. Movie was so meh that it does not deserve more than 205-210 mil. So much for so called "Loki`s Army" and his "huge" popularity (and gods know Marvel tried to capitalize on it during marketing period, and it`s frustrated me to no end being Thor`s fan) ... 

they overestimate loki and tom's appeal tbh. I legit hated thor 2's advertisement

• Like 2

they overestimate loki and tom's appeal tbh. I legit hated thor 2's advertisement

Well, I would say their appeal is just fine.  The film opened strongly.  But appeal has nothing to do with legs and if the WOM on this is that it is boring (like I think it is) then the drops will be harsh.  However, I'll wait for the Friday bump before writing off 200 mill.

I'm enjoying these drops, lol. I have absolutely no desire to watch any Marvel films anymore. They're just...there. 

So I am not the only one who thinks that Marvel will burn itself out in a couple of years at the volume they are churning out movies ?

QFT, I have yet to see such a talentless and misleading champaign. Hell trailers cut from material that is not in a movie on 20-30% at least! They changed the course of advertising after the second trailed and all that "Loki solo movie" crap that polluted web due to group of very vocal minority.

• Like 1

I can see the point where solo films no longer do good business and only team up films are the ones that do

It's soon to tell. Let's see what Captain America does and how Thor finishes.

Edited by ECSTASY