Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

17 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I promised myself I'd never watch another Michael Bay movie and I skipped Transformers 4 and his Benghazi movie, but if Michael Bay is tackling feminism or female empowerment, I may have to make an exception for this.

Don't count on this. I also thought Bay would bring some female empowerment, I even defended him here for doing this. But I read an interview where he describe Haddock's character as a "intelligent woman in stripper clothes".

All I can say is that I'm glad I was not sitting, otherwise I would have fallen out of my chair. :sadben: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Don't count on this. I also thought Bay would bring some female empowerment, I even defended him here for doing this. But I read an interview where he describe Haddock's character as a "intelligent woman in stripper clothes".

All I can say is that I'm glad I was not sitting, otherwise I would have fallen out of my chair. :sadben: 

:rofl::rofl:

Bayminism!

11 hours ago, antovolk said:

holy fuck. SIX TRAILERS

SIX

Considering Pirates has always been a good parallel for this franchise at the box office, they're probably seeing how POTC5 has done and throwing everything against the wall in desperation at this point. Just to show what I mean:

POTC 1 vs TF1: 305 vs 319

POTC2 vs TF2: 423 VS 405

POTC 3 vs TF3: 309 vs 352

POTC 4 vs TF4: 241 vs 245

POTC5 vs TF5: 150 vs ???

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this movie can drop to 800m worldwide ( I don;t think it will, I think it can reach 900m) and that is more than enough to make another one since Paramount has no other franchises. 

True, but DOM it is pretty much a dead franchise. Both POTC6 and TF6 are likely going to have to struggle to 100 DOM if they get made. 

10 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Hey... strippers are women also and there is no reason that can't be empowered....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't know WHY exactly but I feel like this will make way more than Pirates.  It looks so fucking crazy and epic and will be coming out at a good time. It's 3 weeks after WW and 16 days before SMH.

I'm starting to think the same. As good of a parallel as Pirates is, I still see this approaching around 200M. Definitely less than TF4, but way more than POTC5, which is tanking badly.

I'm sorry but where are you guys getting the idea that Transformers is dead in America and won't even cross 100 million domestically? That's silly

And why does it seem like you guys are rooting for there various franchises to fail? Do you really want only superhero and Disney movies every year?

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

I'm sorry but where are you guys getting the idea that Transformers is dead in America and won't even cross 100 million domestically? That's silly

Nobody said TF5 won't cross $100m, it's more that the DOM decline of the franchise eerily mirroring the Pirates movies suggests there's somewhat of a chance the sixth movie does under $100m.

18 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I don't know why you guys are surprised at the amount of trailers, Paramount did the same thing for TMNT2 last year. Tracking must be horrible. 

Tbf this is Paramount's only release for the next four months so what are they supposed to do? :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AgentofMONARCH said:

And why does it seem like you guys are rooting for there various franchises to fail? Do you really want only superhero and Disney movies every year?

This.

Actually....i don't root for a certain franchise to fail either. There are a varieties of other franchises that have several blockbusters under their belts.

Planet of the Apes, Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible, The Fast and the Furious, James Bond, Pirates of the Caribbean, Middle-Earth, Harry Potter, etc.

Even animated franchises like Toy Story, Shrek, Ice Age, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, Despicable Me, How to Train Your Dragon, Hotel Transylvania, etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Marston said:

this movie can drop to 800m worldwide ( I don;t think it will, I think it can reach 900m) and that is more than enough to make another one since Paramount has no other franchises. 

True.

If I'm a Paramount Executive Officer I float the balloon to Harrison Ford's agent about doing at least one more Jack Ryan film. There are books with an older Ryan and since the Affleck and Pine versions failed to launch AND Ford has shown a willingness to return to prior sagas, it couldn't hurt to ask. 

• Like 3