Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I have yet to see Jasmine, Candelabra, and About Time, but that's an impressive list.

I have yet to see some of those too, but it is insane that all those movies were released in a space of 2 months. The only turds were Diana, The Call and RIPD during 2 full months. Carrie, Escape Plan seem decent, but I have yet to see any of them.

The Act of Killing 

Before Midnight 

Captain Phillips 

Gravity 

Mud 

12 Years a Slave 

Stories We Tell 

Spring Breakers 

Upstream Color The World's End 

That's my top 10. Don't make me put them in order of preference. It kills me a little that I don't even have space for Rush or This is the End. 

Yay! A new theme to discuss!

Before Midnight

12 Years A Slave

All Is Lost

Gravity

Upstream Color 

A Thousand Times Goodnight

Blue Is The Warmest Color

Big Bad Wolves

Rush

Stoker

All of these are ridiculously amazing.

Edited by Frozen Spaghetti
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

About Time was a sweet little film.

I loved About Time. It is everything a romantic comedy/drama should be.

Love Actually is one of my favorite rom-coms ever, so I've little doubt I'll be biased enough to fall in love with AT automatically.  :wub:

• Like 3

Gravity isn't even a top 10er for me. After the hype I'm a little disappointed.Also, I was all geared up to love Act of Killing but it wasn't as effective as I expected. Probably a mistake watching the almost 3 hour cut. Shit just dragged.

About Time is my most anticipated of the bunch, but I plan on seeing all three very soon.

About Time is one of my favourite romantic comedies perhaps of all time.  

• Like 2

I think only 2 or 3 movies from my top 10 would come from outside of September/October (portuguese calendar). Those were 2 impressive months of new movies over here.

Edited by CJohn

I gotta feeling the BOF Oscars will be more interesting this year since there isn't a clear frontrunner amongst the "elite," unlike the past two years with Drive and The Master.

I don't know. Before Midnight seems to be rolling in the love.