Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I think Before Midnight has to be the favorite this year for BOA, though I'd say it and Gravity are probably about even. So far it'd get my vote but for some reason I don't think 12 Years will do as well as it will in the real life awards.  

Life of Pi was a visually breathtaking and spiritual film and a rare film from Hollywood these days. 

Nice it made 600 WW 

It was rare as Hollywood films these days are very material in nature and that was not about such things. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

In other news

MOS dropped to 7.4 on IMDB on part with Iron Man 3 now.

Who saw that coming at the start of the summer. 

Posted Image

The same people who saw that Thor would be crawling to 200M while averaging 66% on RT with 39% top critics and a metascore below MoS I guess.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

I usually do my tops based on the portuguese release schedule. That is why I never had Cloud Atlas in the same top as ZDT, Django, Lincoln or Silver Lining. I did have it in the same top as Perks, Life of Pi and Argo. Both were there, a couple of spots under it. Another movie I had in my top 10 was Looper. Great sci-fi movie. Need to see it again.

Edited by CJohn

My goal is to hit 500 in one day when Star Wars 7 drops...

That will be a legendary day in BOF. I can see the posts flowing at a rate that we just can't catch up with the conversation. By the time we answer to a person, another 500 posts already showed up.

• Like 1

Life of Pi was a visually breathtaking and spiritual film and a rare film from Hollywood these days. Nice it made 600 WW

That scene where young Pi recounted the "true" story and the scene of older Pi's speech had me all tearing up. And yes, the movie is so beautiful!
  • Like 1