Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Because it's the first one and because a bunch of us were 8 at the time, it's got some serious nostalgia value.

Probably. I was 16 when I saw it at the cinema. Between the main trio's acting and the frequently awkward pacing, it didn't stand much of a chance with me. But I was impressed at what the series mangaged to evolve into.

What is the worst case scenario here, not even 300 ? I don't see it exploding OS either, it is getting crushed by Gravity in China.

Most people are seeing ~350m (which I think would be phenomenal considering its OD).And who cares about China? It's doing really well in Europe and Australia.
  • Like 2

With this tragedy, the level and consistancy of the Twilight movies success remain a mystery that scientists will study for generations to come.

What is the worst case scenario here, not even 300 ?

I don't see it exploding OS either, it is getting crushed by Gravity in China.

I don't see it touching 800m ww, 750m ww tops, which is only 50m higher than the first one. Wall Street analists predicted 900,950m ww for CF ...

Oh Boy ...

The big paradox is that the movie has an even better critical reception from audience and critics than the first one.

What is happening would be a good start for a Twilight Zone or X Files episode.

Dark Times.

:(:angry::unsure:

I don't believe in legs anymore, for whatever reason, this is resonnating less than Twilight with GA.

Chill. 800m WW is still possible. Infact, quite likely.

I agree, but shouldn't this have shown up in home video sales compared to THG? The biggest home video sellers tend to be animated movies. Can't get any more "family audience" than animated flicks like The Lion King and Finding Nemo.

TA sold butt load more B/R over THG. B/R just isn't properly tracked but it easily doubled THG.  

• Like 1

Plus the first movie had kinda great legs and managed to crawl to 408m ...

Hope CF will have decent legs and manages to crawl to 350m, but the holiday season is stacked ...

Edited by The Futurist

TA sold butt load more B/R over THG. B/R just isn't properly tracked but it easily doubled THG.  

They are keeping track of it nowadays. 5.1m DVD's and 4.9m Blu-rays for Avengers. 7.9m DVD's and 2.9m Blu-rays for THG. Do the math. That's 800,000 more units for THG, which makes THG2's performance that much more shocking this weekend.

Avengers 2 should drop slightly in OW and 20% domestic. 1st time is a charm and 2nd time around there isn't anything spectacular about the ensemble. I dont see 2nd phase having that strong an appeal to GA that origin movies did for 1st phase. Unles Guardians explode(which looks so remote), Avengers need something new to sell. Plus competition should be there even though currently it looks light.For example nothing is scheduled for 5/8 and its impossible that it stays that way.

Posted Image

• Like 3

They are keeping track of it nowadays. 5.1m DVD's and 4.9m Blu-rays for Avengers. 7.9m DVD's and 2.9m Blu-rays for THG. Do the math. That's 800,000 more units for THG, which makes THG2's performance that much more shocking this weekend.

Shocking for sure. Maybe release date, needs to be back in March. I really got nothing as to why CF dropped the ball this badly. 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $292,324,737  35.2%Foreign:  $537,360,640  64.8% = Worldwide:  $829,685,377  

Posted Image

Ladies and gentlemen, the biggest Lionsgate/Summit movie for the next 10 or 15 years.

Mockingjay part 1 : 230m. 550m ww.

Mockingjay part 2 : 280m. 600m ww.

:puke::badday::bagoverhead: