baumer

Monster Tuesday CF 16.1 (Rth) | Ed did WHAT to a girl?!

wednesday in US would be like friday and canada is just 6% off overall gross. Canada will drop but it will increase quite a bit elsewhere. I would say 18.5M wednesday for now.

I'd like to see what percentage Canada contributed for Tuesday. Sometimes Rth gives us that percentage #.

wednesday in US would be like friday and canada is just 6% off overall gross. Canada will drop but it will increase quite a bit elsewhere. I would say 18.5M wednesday for now.

So about a 15% increase?  That sounds good.

I'd like to see what percentage Canada contributed for Tuesday. Sometimes Rth gives us that percentage #.

It's been said before that we have contributed up to 50% of the Tuesday gross.  When films are between 11-13 bucks here and you can get in for 5-7 dollars, we all rush out to see it like the world was ending.  

LOL well we all hope you learnt something today

Sadly, I didn't.  I'll continue seeing bad movies.  I always hope going into a film that it will be good.  

• Like 1

During OW its never more than 5-6%. It later increases to 10% as canada show much better legs than elsewhere.

But yesterday it would have been much higher(10-12%) as canadian tuesdays seemed to behave almost like weekend(based on data provided by RTH previously).

It's been said before that we have contributed up to 50% of the Tuesday gross.  When films are between 11-13 bucks here and you can get in for 5-7 dollars, we all rush out to see it like the world was ending.  

I know I've seen a figure somewhere before. People forget how much Canada contributes to the Tuesday increases.

I don't think IM3 numbers will happen because the weekend after Thanksgiving the movie will see a big drop, and after that Smaug arrives which will cause another big drop. And considering the amount of movies opening after that, we will likely see TC drops as big as in late June/July of this year.

There are 12 wide openings after Thanksgiving. Last year we had 11 films going wide and BD2 passed through Christmas with 1200 theaters despite being very frontloaded.

In 2010 there were 11 films opening after Thanksgiving and DH1 was still in 1700 theaters.

CF is going to see theater drops, but it won't disappear

• Like 1

During OW its never more than 5-6%. It later increases to 10% as canada show much better legs than elsewhere.

But yesterday it would have been much higher(10-12%) as canadian tuesdays seemed to behave almost like weekend(based on data provided by RTH previously).

I'm talking strictly Tuesday with their discount Tuesday. Rth sometimes gives us a %. Only 10%? That seems a bit low, imo.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Also said Thor 2 at 1.9m . Seems like a good increase too

So that would get Thor Dark World to $171.1m assuming Rth is, as usual, about spot on. 

It's Wednesday total will probably be around $2.5-8 so TDW is still sitting pretty to cruise into $200m. Even if it's cruising speed has been reduced. 

• Like 1

its ironical he is pulling that card today. He is probably 3-4 days too late. He would have gone berserk on friday for sure had he been around.

Huh? I've been reading the forums and people were continuing to freak out up to yesterday. I'm sure people are thinking differently after today but that's only more evidence that people here are fickle and change their minds way too frequently.

• Like 1