baumer

Monster Tuesday CF 16.1 (Rth) | Ed did WHAT to a girl?!

The typical holiday overreactions have begun I see.

It's doing very well, but this just means that the drops will be epic next week.  Everyone always tends to forget that a large reason the film is doing so well is the holiday crowd that will only be present for a few days.

• Like 2

Could you guys be specific on who you might mean? Is there one or two you have in mind? I'm not really seeing this but maybe there has been one or two this is attributable to.I'll be seeing CF in a few hours, finished the book last week and am a clear Marvel fanboy. So when you get lumpy with statements I kinda like to know cause the wide net being cast is grossly unfair.

It same thing as how nolanites were this weekend with TDKR being endangered of loosing the 2D record.

Again, just throwing this out there: this year we've consistently seen large Tuesday jumps, sometimes surprisingly large, because of Canada's bargain Tuesdays. Correspondingly, we've also seen steeper Wednesday drops. While I don't think CF will drop today, I think its jump may be more muted than we might initially expect.

Again, just throwing this out there: this year we've consistently seen large Tuesday jumps, sometimes surprisingly large, because of Canada's bargain Tuesdays. Correspondingly, we've also seen steeper Wednesday drops. While I don't think CF will drop today, I think its jump may be more muted than we might initially expect.

But Wednesday will be a mini Friday so I just can't see it dropping or even a small increase. I still am thinking around 15-20% increase today. 

• Like 1

The typical holiday overreactions have begun I see.

It's doing very well, but this just means that the drops will be epic next week.  Everyone always tends to forget that a large reason the film is doing so well is the holiday crowd that will only be present for a few days.

Is anyone talking of great legs after Thanksgiving? Anyways, I don't buy the argument the most it does this 10 days, the worse it will drop. If it does great this Holiday (as it seems), it would only need DH1 to be near the 400M mark.

Here's the Thanksgiving number for last year: http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2012-11-20&p=.htm

Huge increases on Tuesday, followed by huge increases the next day. Now, I realize that there's only one film on that list that's making a comparable amount of money to CF, but it's pretty clear CF is nothing like the Twilight franchise.

I can also accept anyone who thinks we have no idea what's going to happen.  :P This number is the biggest November weekday in history, by a considerable degree as far as I can tell. These be uncharted waters.

• Like 1