ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

7 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

The Arclight isn't an art-house chain... they just run art-house movies along with mainstream ones, in a premium presentation. Star Wars will make more money in their theaters on Thursday night alone than they will for the entire run of HATEFUL EIGHT. For better or worse, choosing HATEFUL EIGHT and having Disney pull SW from their theaters would be a fireable offense for their CEO. It's a no-brainer.

Well, if you're talking no Star Wars at all, versus this movie in one theater sure.  But this one theater alone...naa.  Hateful Eight will clean up just like Star Wars in this one theater.

point being...damn you Disney.  I want to see this in the Dome.  I'm boycotting Star Wars now.  For at least half a day.  Ok fine, I'm watching it tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Well, if you're talking no Star Wars at all, versus this movie in one theater sure.  But this one theater alone...naa.  Hateful Eight will clean up just like Star Wars in this one theater.

Even if we're talking just the Dome, SW will outsell H8 in the long run, I think. Once you start adding other screens at the ArcHollywood, there's no doubt. And if you add in the other theaters in the chain....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kowhite said:

point being...damn you Disney.  I want to see this in the Dome.  I'm boycotting Star Wars now.  For at least half a day.  Ok fine, I'm watching it tomorrow morning.

Your will is (not) that strong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Doesn't ArcLight pride themselves on being a prestige theater anyway? I say let them pull Star Wars. There's no way Disney can come out of this looking in the right and I suspect they'll back down

Star Wars had the date for a year.  The contracts are reportedly for a 4 week run on the biggest screen.  Why did TWC even think they'd get that screen?

When your studio and distributor is Weinstein, should one really want to be talking about extortion and shady tactics by other studios? :ph34r:

• Like 2

Loving the score bit too. But I'm not surprised, most Taratino movies has good music. Looking forward to both the full score and the sure-to-be glorious songs choices. 

That reminds me of this one time though, I accidentally set Twisted Nerve as my alarm ringtone. And let just say, that was one wake up call that I never want to experience again 

6 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Sam!

Agrred on the music.  Is this the first Tarantino with an honest to god original score though?

kowhite!!!! My favorite late night drunk poster! How has you been? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

When your studio and distributor is Weinstein, should one really want to be talking about extortion and shady tactics by other studios? :ph34r:

Careful, you never know who's reading...

• Like 1

It's such fucking bullshit.  They are threatening to pull the biggest movie ever out of an entire chain because one theater wont play it for an additional two weeks?  If someone actually had the balls to call them on their bluff, they would lose so much more money by doing that as opposed to just letting H8ful Eight have their two weeks.  

30 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

It's such fucking bullshit.  They are threatening to pull the biggest movie ever out of an entire chain because one theater wont play it for an additional two weeks?  If someone actually had the balls to call them on their bluff, they would lose so much more money by doing that as opposed to just letting H8ful Eight have their two weeks.  

It's not that the theater wouldn't play it. Just that Disney insists it play on a specific screen: the Cinerama Dome. (I believe it was mentioned that contractually theaters have to play it on their biggest screens.) And I believe the Arclight is one of the theaters getting Hateful Eight on the 25th, so they'd be bumping Star Wars from the Dome after one week, not two.