iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

70-80ish, I think.

I've been thinkin the same, but the newest trailer has been gettin good buzz from the GA when I see it in the theater, could top 80m again and finish stronger than I'm currently expectin at 250m-270m range. I would not be surprised if it found its way over 300m again.

Quietly in a boardroom somewhere the Disney shareholders are plotting what, if any, major tentpole franchises remain to possibly buy out next.

Hasbro, Rovio.  Hasbro makes the most sense.  You get movies (GI Joe, Transformers) You get boy toys (GI Joe, Transformers), you also get Wizards of the coast and the popular magic the gathering card game.

I think Frozen will absolutely explode on the weekend, especially Saturday. Every single parents I talked to want to take their whole family to see it.

Kids will have the next 4 days off,  Many parents get Thursday and Friday off.  This thing is going to do stupid busy. Parents will want to get out of the house for a couple of hours.  This movie will be a slam dunk (We are going this Sunday).  Pretty much every parent I know will be going to see it this weekend.

UPDATE Box Office: Disney 'Frozen' heats up near $15M opening Wednesday (incl $800K previews) and $75M-$80M five-day Thanksgiving weekend.

YES :D

Is Wednesday some kind of holiday in the States?

How can you tell Frozen's gonna perform like gangbusters based on just one day?

Wednesday is essentially Friday night.  Holiday on Thursday and Friday. This thing will do stupid crazy numbers over the next 4 days

...Dont forget post-Thanksgiving. The harshest, biggest dropping weekend of the year.

Of course. Based on Potter and Twilight we should expect a 60%+ drop that weekend. It should stabilize from that point and have a nice leggy run, to what extent I have no idea. But the THG franchise has proven over and over again never to doubt it.

• Like 1

Haha does no one remember Tangled's fudge? It went from $6,000 in week 25 to $910,000 and a 14,236% increase. Also from #82 to #12, and Disney stopped tracking 2 weeks later. Not that big of a deal obviously, but still hilariously blatant.

Edited by Jandrew

So can this weekend break both the Thanksgiving opening record held by Toy Story 2 and the overall record held by Harry Potter 1? Harry Potter's is going down for sure but Frozen looks like it has a shot at the opening record. Kinda crazy that both of those have held so long over the years.

So can this weekend break both the Thanksgiving opening record held by Toy Story 2 and the overall record held by Harry Potter 1? Harry Potter's is going down for sure but Frozen looks like it has a shot at the opening record. Kinda crazy that both of those have held so long over the years.

So is this going to be the biggest Thanksgiving weekend ever at the boxoffice?

• Like 1

I think 70 million OW for CF will happen but still not sold on $75 million+ as these day to day spikes even out and the movie may just be burning off demand on a holiday Wednesday time frame.

Frozen will make $55 million + and may get very close to my $60 million 3 day prediction.