CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Maybe it's just me, but making it to fit in with LOTR maybe what did it in. It's been forever since I read The Hobbit, but I remember it being so different in tone that I wish he had just made it as it was without making it bridge to the other, better and very different trilogy. It would at least have been something different, as opposed to more of the same, only of lesser quality.

• Like 1

There is nothing silly about the bloated argument. It's extremely bloated. The scenes in Laketown were far too long, and the scenes of them wandering around (+ the forest) took its sweet ass time. 

It is WAY too long. I just came out of the theaters and I promise you not, my neck hurts a little bit. There were a couple of great scenes, but all of them were action-oriented. It also makes it harder for someone to feel invested when the film is overstuffed with characters we can't feel for but are somehow expected to. 

Even Smaug's scenes, despite Cumberbatch's amazing voice, sometimes got a bit too long. There were some creative scenes, and thank God they toned down the childish and toilet humor. Who's the main character of the film? Bilbo? Really? 

First, LOL at the word extremely. It shows how extremely biassed you are.

Second. I remember vividly every scene in Laketown. Everyone of those scenes where necessary 

the tense arrival to show how are the things in Laketown and to present Girion servant; Girion and the political problems in Laketown; the prophecy, the black arrow that leads to Smaug's scar, Bard's family (we need to care about him), the look for weapons that leads to the final quest...

What scene is bloated? Come on! This is bloated but everyone praises FotR despite the Fellowship stops for like 15 minutes in Lorien after more than two hours of film?

Third. The film is 160 minutes length. HP1 & HP6 (150 minutes), HP2 & HP4 (160 minutes), HP3 & HP5 (140 minutes). Almost the same as your beloved saga. How can your neck hurt? You should be already trained... LOL

And fourth. You're not coherent. The scenes you hate for being bloated are the ones that develop characters. But you demand more character development.

• Like 3

Uh, most of them.

And you still didn't answer. Again what scene is bloated in your opinion?

It's all about your bias. You don't connect with the film, so every single scene seems bloated. In the end, it's not a matter of bloated film. It's a matter of lack of interest in the film.

• Like 3

This will prob. change slightly with actuals later, but WB's revised estimate this morning is: $73.66 m (so almost no change from yesterday)

FRI: $31.135 m

SAT: $24.425 m

SUN: $18.100 m

Great Sunday hold.

Hopefully the holidays are kind

Well, at least it seems it won't drop from estimates

Little things to be happy about right now...  :(

Hopefully the holidays are kind and it has miniscule week to week drops.

Well, at least it seems it won't drop from estimates

Little things to be happy about right now...  :(

Don't agree. You can be happy because you liked the movie (so do I). At the end, it is the most important thing ;)

• Like 1

I hate that I couldn't say that PJ nailed it this time. :( I really walked into my screening expecting to say that afterwards. Yeah, the pacing is just uneven, imo. If there was gonna be bloat again I'd rather of had it all it the beginning like AUJ than in parts throughout.

well its PJ for you

He'll always have those compaints abt his movies

He's essentially a kid in a candy store. He's very passionate abt what he does & sometimes it really is actually a bad thing b/c he has no restraint

Ppl ofc forgot but all 3 LOTR movies were accused of being too long even if praised to the skies @ the same time

Same with King Kong

Its really part of his personality imo

well its PJ for you

He'll always have those compaints abt his movies

He's essentially a kid in a candy store. He's very passionate abt what he does & sometimes it really is actually a bad thing b/c he has no restraint

Ppl ofc forgot but all 3 LOTR movies were accused of being too long even if praised to the skies @ the same time

Same with King Kong

Its really part of his personality imo

So that's why he's fat.  :)