CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Oh you ain't seen nothing yet.  Kal is famous for this.  The problem is, this time, he was actually right about Avatar and left the rest of us looking silly.  He was the only one to call its massive gross.  So he does have that on his side.

Thanks Baumer, I  believe in Cameron as a ultimate epic  filmmaker and the supreme game changer baum. :)  

I give those examples, thats shows Camerons abilitiy to electrify audiences and push envelopes even with  sequels has not diminished but is evolving.. He does not get lazy and that is one of the keys for his achievements that proably wont ever be matched.

Knowing his immense talent and the ability to surround himself with other geniuses in their own right.....(in Darth Vader voice--It is unwise to lower your faith in his abilities.

• Like 1

That was after Batman Begins rebooted the series though Kal.

Ahh,  but remember alot of folks thought the batman was limited to a certain range after those disastrous sequels.

If Batman can rebound from garbage like Batman and Robin to a billion dollar gross. What can Cameron achieve with his legend and coming off a film as great as Avatar with a sequel that will push the envelope of 3D, water exploriation..Cameron may  even get theaters to have smell or heat added.

Who knows!! :)

TA 2--480-530M

3.SW 7 550M

4.. MOS2 550M

Why does seeing these numbers make me feel somehow nostalgic? I think I actually missed you, Kal.

Posted Image

Edited by SantA Architect!™
  • Like 6

No love for Smaugg!!! :-o!!!

There was no need for THREE fucking films to tell such a short story. Hobbit 1 was the dullest movie I saw last year. I just can't see why anyone cares.

LOTR trilogy was great because it had an enormous story to tell. It was well acted and had such a expansive universe it was a sight to behold. This feels like someone trying to relive their old glory days.

• Like 3

If Avatar 2 is "just" a sequel then it will drop big but I suspect Cameron has been working behind the scenes to take it to another level. If he succeeds then Avatar 2 may not drop that hard.

THats just his sequels are never just sequels.. And they always increase TLK... As long as he still has that fire, Cameron will cause massive BO noise for yet the 3rd time... The Architect And Baumer man should know better than to bet against the power of James Cameron..

There are directors and filmmakers and then there is James Cameron.. He himself is  one hell of Phenomenon and whats frightening is he is still evolving and taking us to where no one has gone before(STrek music playing). :)

Edited by Superman001

Why does seeing these numbers make me feel somehow nostalgic? I think I actually missed you, Kal.

Posted Image

Thanks AA.. Missed you too buddy but still love battling your nature to go against some of the franchises Im rooting for... :D.Heh

I will be the victor with that Avatar wont reach 3.5B WW.. Just watch JC go!

Edited by Superman001

But how do you determine it's not?  Kal's right.  It destroyed box office records and sold a massive amount on HV.  Avatar is not my favourite film, but to say it is not loved is kind of silly.

You always get everything wrong Baumer, I said 'Most Loved', not just 'loved'.