EuropaCorp Wide
Triple Nine
Thriller
Open Road Films Wide
Viral
Horror Thriller
Weinstein / Dimension Wide
Embrace of the Serpent (on 

Five movies currently scheduled for this date (mostly all thrillers), something is surely moving isnt it? 

Race and Risen won't movie. Race is releasing during Black History month and will definitely tie its promotion with that fact. Risen can't move as literally every week after this has a faith-based movie releasing till Easter. The remaining 3 movies are thrillers from smaller distributors, they won't be making much money regardless of release date.

There are some pretty decent things about this film but they are wasted by the fact that the film makes literally no sense. It is about 5 cuts away from resembling anything that makes any sense at all. To the point that I honestly think it should be delayed and re-edited.

Positives:

- Affleck, Ejiofor, Mackie, Paul, and Collins are all really good as the central team. I completely forgot that they were acting.

- Impressive cinematography

- You get a good sense of the grungey city districts and suburbs

- There is some effective gore

- Fantastic opening sequence, other great action sequences

Negatives:

- Film the makes sense no

- It's like plot the been has half in rearranged cut and

- NOTHING ABOUT THIS FILM MAKES ANY SENSE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLLOW

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Gal Gadot is in it for like 2 minutes, maybe 3. Kate not in it much either.

Well, there it is, I ain't seeing this then. Thanks for clearing that up :lol: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Teresa Palmer is in this as well? That sounds good. 

Again, she's only in it for a minute or two.

I just realised I have seen two movies with Teresa Palmer today lmao. I didn't realise it was her in this, as you don't really see her face, her only scene she is in a dark room.

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Again, she's only in it for a minute or two.

I just realised I have seen two movies with Teresa Palmer today lmao. I didn't realise it was her in this, as you don't really see her face, her only scene she is in a dark room.

WTF is this? Why does this movie refuses to show the beautiful ladies? Combined with your review saying it makes 0 sense I won't see this one in theaters for sure. 

I agree with much of what Tree has said. 

For me it wasn't that it made no sense, more there's some questionable choices made story-wise that don't really hold together in a satisfying way. It does feel like it's been rejigged quite a bit in post. 

That said, what remains functions, and the film itself is enjoyable as it plays. 

Its one of those 'could have been great but it'll do' movies. I guess I'm more sticking up for it as an enjoyable film with plenty to like about it.