Neo

Triple Nine | Feb 26, 2016

The impression I get about this is that it's a middle-of-the-road action flick with enough good aspects to be worthwhile if you're in the mood for a middle-of-the-road action flick. I'm excited to see Aaron Paul in something that isn't awful and I could stand to watch a middle-of-the-road action flick, so I'll probably catch a matinee. Living in a new city without any friends affords me a lot of free time so I'll probably be seeing more movies.

• Like 1

pro.boxoffice say that it will open at $12,500,000 and be the second movie this weekend after deadpool.

A newspaper i just read had it at must see this week and wrote this could be the best gangster movie since The Departed. 

People have really high expectations for this both in box office and quality. 

22 minutes ago, Hermia said:

pro.boxoffice say that it will open at $12,500,000 and be the second movie this weekend after deadpool.

A newspaper i just read had it at must see this week and wrote this could be the best gangster movie since The Departed. 

People have really high expectations for this both in box office and quality. 

"People have high expectations"

12.5M is not high for a wide release with a known cast.

And that 'critic' is hardly representative. It's at 62% rotten tomatoes and 59% user rating there. 

Also, did that reviewer actually watch the movie? It's not a gangster movie.. like, in the slightest.

• Like 1

Just now, Stringer Bell Theory said:

Really? I've seen constant ads for this. According to ispot it has aired over 3,000 national spots. That is a ton for a movie like this.

Yeah I was about to say, I have seen a tv spot for this at least 3 times a day for a while now.

32 minutes ago, Stringer Bell Theory said:

Really? I've seen constant ads for this. According to ispot it has aired over 3,000 national spots. That is a ton for a movie like this.

On what channels? I've seen nothing on the networks or even other channels I watch like CNN (which would be part of the target audience for an adult-targeted movie like this).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

On what channels? I've seen nothing on the networks or even other channels I watch like CNN (which would be part of the target audience for an adult-targeted movie like this).

Comedy Central, Adult Swim, and when I was at the bar the other day like five spots came on ESPN. I'm pretty sure I've seen them on more channels than that too.

• Like 1