filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

For me, I think that's the problem. It's inconsistent. At least with KOTCS, it's a steady decline as the film goes on. :lol:

I've to agree with you regarding TOD and KOTCS. 

Overall Crusades, Raiders, tie for last between TOD/KOTCS. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Why was Noctic banned? :(

He's been building to it for a long time. Some pretty harsh attacks toward another member pushed things over the edge. He's had a history of doing that for years, to be honest.

His page of warnings from the staff over the last two years is longer than any other member's, and he's been suspended three times before now.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 11

What did he do?

Its not one separate thing, but a history of talking shit and being an asshole. Yeah, he's an asshole. He may say he's joking but there's a genuine mean streak to his posts. You can't just say "You're a piece of shit" and expect the subject to go "Do ho ho, that's a good one". I'm glad he's gone. Fuck him.

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada
  • Like 3

Its not one separate thing, but a history of talking shit and being an asshole. Yeah, he's an asshole. He may say he's joking but there's a genuine mean streak to his posts. You can't just say "You're a piece of shit" and expect the subject to go "Do ho ho, that's a good one". I'm glad he's gone. 

I'm not trying to justify his actions but my friends and I do this all the time and there's not even a hint of nastiness. I appreciate it doesn't really translate online though.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

His ban's up in 3 months. I've generally always gotten along with him and I'd like to think he'll come back with more restraint in what he says to people, but no one can change for him. It's his choice.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

does anyone know if Spielberg has criticized The Lost World? I know he doesn't like Temple of Doom but I wonder what he thought of that film

I've read he wasn't fond of the experience of making the film. I think the first half of the Lost World is pretty good. The T-Rex in the tent scene has some great tension. But I didn't care for the T-Rex looper in San Diego, it was too silly
  • Like 2

In the sense Heretic described I'd have no problem if Noctis did it to me, because my friends dig on me like that all the time (and I dig back.) At the same time, I can certainly see how someone else is offended by it, and if he's been ignoring warnings for months, he jumped over the limit. 

In other news, late to the party, but yay new Christmas themed avatar and name! 

It's funny how these universally hated movies like Indy 4, Prometheus, STID, Iron Man 2 etc. all got good reviews.

Indy isn't universally hated at all. Same with STID. That's a big perception error on your part.

• Like 2

He doesn't even need that to attack someone tbh.

Considering the warnings and previous bans he has yet to change his ways, which is shocking to me that staff has allowed it for so long. Had it been any other members they probably would be perma-banned but since he's popular he gets away with a lot. 

• Like 3

Speaking of Prometheus I think I'll watch Aliens. I haven't seen it before.  :ph34r:

Did I mention I haven't seen The Godfather either? Or Taxi Driver? Or Fight Club? Or The Good The Bad and The Ugly? Huh? Huh??

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK I CAN'T EVEN

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2