filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Also, same analysis for Frozen (vs. Tangled) has it 15.7% ahead, which is on pace for 297.2M.  It's making significant gains on that in the last week, and that should continue, 20% should be rather easy, and 25% will have it on pace for 320M.

No matter how excited we got this week 300M is still the goal.

For me... as a Disney freak... beating UP is the goal.

Edited by AndyLL

Still in theaters:

Despicable Me 2 (since 7/3) - $367.4

Blue Jasmine (since 7/26) - $32.9

Percy Jackson 2 (since 8/7) - $68.3

The Butler (since 8/16) - $116.1

Insidious 2 (since 9/13) - $83.5

The Family (since 9/13) - $36.8

Don't people realize by now that being disappointed by pre-Christmas numbers for new openers is a futile enteprise? Every year this happens and then those disappointing openings are made irrelevant by the force that is Christmas Day and the days after. 

• Like 6

DOS 12.2,AM2 9.5,FRZ 7.8,AH 7.3,SMB 3.4,CF 3.3,TP 2.8, WWD 2.7,D3 1.3AH fri will increase

Good number for Frozen! :D

Decent for Banks, hoping for good legs. Not expecting 100M anymore but maybe War Horse numbers?

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Don't people realize by now that being disappointed by pre-Christmas numbers for new openers is a futile enteprise? Every year this happens and then those disappointing openings are made irrelevant by the force that is Christmas Day and the days after. 

No dammit.

I saw  2 movies today... everyone should have.

I will not be happy until my movie kicks every other movies ass.

• Like 1

Still in theaters:

Despicable Me 2 (since 7/3) - $367.4

Blue Jasmine (since 7/26) - $32.9

Percy Jackson 2 (since 8/7) - $68.3

The Butler (since 8/16) - $116.1

Insidious 2 (since 9/13) - $83.5

The Family (since 9/13) - $36.8

Percy Jackson LOL  :lol: :lol: 

It's not wine 20th Century Fox. Won't get better as it ages. 

I think War Horse #s would be good for Banks.

Saw it today.  Posted brief notes in the review forum.

Great movie but I think it's niche.  Hanks and Emma will help it.

The crowd was really old... my age and older.  My 11 year old was the only kid.

Edited by AndyLL

No dammit.

I saw  2 movies today... everyone should have.

I will not be happy until my movie kicks every other movies ass.

I just assume it happens because everyone waits until the week of Christmas to go to the movies, hence the lower than expected openings for Smaug and Anchorman, both of which will benefit greatly from casual moviegoers looking for something appealing when they trek to the theater next week. 

The older demo-skew for Banks  could be good for its legs though. The awards prospect is not what I hoped it would be so might not get that much Oscars boost but we'll see

Edited by forg

Percy Jackson LOL  :lol: :lol:

It's not wine 20th Century Fox. Won't get better as it ages. 

Shocked this lasted this long in theaters but other Fox movies The Heat and Turbo only ended their run last week ;)

I had a WWW Thread for ANCHORMAN 2 this morning and Baumer locked it and I knew he should've kept it open.. No spinning it folks, ANCHORMAN 2 is underperforming and for good reason..

It's closed because it's a stupid thread.  You don't make a WWW thread on the second day of a box office run heading into the 15 days of Christmas break.  Don't be so dense BKB.  It's not opening nearly as strong as many of us thought it would but that doesn't necessitate a WWW thread.  Do you think it misses 100 mill?  And if it doesn't, nothing went wrong except that it doesn't reach what we thought it would.  The budget is 50 mill so it's guaranteed to make a profit.  So stop acting like you're hard done by because we closed a dumb thread.

• Like 12

Agree  -_-

...except for Anchorman 2 <_<

It's estimated 38 million 5-day is not much over Anchorman's 36.5 million 5 day(Fri to Tue) 9 years of inflation ago

It's closed because it's a stupid thread.  You don't make a WWW thread on the second day of a box office run heading into the 15 days of Christmas break.  Don't be so dense BKB.  It's not opening nearly as strong as many of us thought it would but that doesn't necessitate a WWW thread.  Do you think it misses 100 mill?  And if it doesn't, nothing went wrong except that it doesn't reach what we thought it would.  The budget is 50 mill so it's guaranteed to make a profit.  So stop acting like you're hard done by because we closed a dumb thread.

Posted Image

Love you, Baumer.

• Like 1

Agree  -_-

...except for Anchorman 2 <_<

It's estimated 38 million 5-day is not much over Anchorman's 36.5 million 5 day(Fri to Tue) 9 years of inflation ago

yeah just noticed Anchroman 1 opened with 28m in 2004. I thought it was some big bomb or something. Also. noticed it had pretty bad legs for a comedy