fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

I havent seen/read enough 2013 movies yet to make a list, but Gravity is my #1. The theater experinece I had with it was one I dont know when Ill ever have again. The last 10 minutes where the most emotionally attached I have ever been to a movie in the theater. I went to Target after and couldnt even remember why.Capn Phil and F6 are hot on its heels tied for #2. A lot of people here, especially over the summer, kept on complaining over and over about 2013's quality, but I feel the contrary. This was a very entertaining year with a lot of "fun" movies. Some people get too critical, you have to learn to just relax and enjoy the 2hr experience. Also, appaud this year because in March we were 12% behind 2012, and now we're 0.6% ahead. Remarkable turn around for a pretty remarkable year IMO.

Edited by Jandrew

My top ten: 

10. Pacific Rim

9. 12 Years a Slave

8. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

7. Star Trek Into Darkness

6. Fruitvale Station

5. Captain Phillips

4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

3. The World's End

2. Frozen

1. Gravity

To add to this, movies that were really good IMO but missed a spot:

Man of Steel

Thor: The Dark World

Oz, The Great and Powerful

Prisoners

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Instructions Not Included

Fast and Furious 6

I was feeling grim up until May.

May is when shit got real. Its amazing this year is going to be #1 ever even with such a poor first 4 months. Like I said, we were 12% behind and it seemed like every movie was bombing or rated R. Even attendance was great. Edited by Jandrew

My Top 10 so far:1. Wolf of Wall Street2. Before Midnight3. Gravity4. All Is Lost5. Fruitvale Station6. 12 Years A Slave7. Saving Mr. Banks8. Much Ado About Nothing9. Mud10. This Is The End

• Like 1

Okay this was the number of sellouts total yesterday:Hobbit: 11Ronin: 6Frozen: 5CF: 4Mr. Banks: 4Mitty: 3Madea's Christmas: 1American Hustle: 1Anchorman 2: 1Number of sellouts at this point so far (4PM):Hobbit: 5Frozen: 4CF: 3Banks: 2Anchorman 2: 1American Hustle: 1