kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Hobbit won, take that Frozen-ites!

It's to close to call for sure, Sunday may be underestimated, and let me let you in on a little secret....FROZEN'S STILL GOING TO BEAT THE HOBBIT 2 BY 100 MILLION + SUCKER!!! (It'll beat the hobbit 1, fellowship, and possibly even two towers and return of the king as well)
  • Like 3

Frozen beat DOS is almost every category this weekend except for total gross.Theater count average, screen count average, attendance (lower 3D share), etc.

It still might win in total gross if Sunday is underestimated for it. (Which they have underestimated Frozen's Sunday every time, I expect Frozen to win Sunday)

Frozen now 35.1% ahead of Tangled's OD multiplier, which sets it on target for 347.0M.  44% is the target for DM2, and it should be close to that by next Sunday.  I expect the Sunday estimate to go up, so the current figure may end up closer to 36%.

CF now 21.2% ahead of DH1's adjusted OD multiplier, which sets it on target for 424.9M.  23% will put it on pace for 430M.  If it can touch 25%, then we're looking at close to 440M.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 1

It's to close to call for sure, Sunday may be underestimated, and let me let you in on a little secret....FROZEN'S STILL GOING TO BEAT THE HOBBIT 2 BY 100 MILLION + SUCKER!!! (It'll beat the hobbit 1, fellowship, and possibly even two towers and return of the king as well)

Add 3D and inflation to LOTR and then you tell me this.

• Like 1

Frozen now 35.1% ahead of Tangled's OD multiplier, which sets it on target for 347.0M.  44% is the target for DM2, and it should be close to that by next Sunday.  I expect the Sunday estimate to go up, so the current figure may end up closer to 36%.

CF now 21.2% ahead of DH1's adjusted OD multiplier, which sets it on target for 424.9M.  23% will put it on pace for 430M.  If it can touch 25%, then we're looking at close to 440M.

Also, CF will likely beat THG in attendance if it tops 420M.

• Like 1

I sure hope studios are looking at Frozen and taking note. Kids want to go to the movies during the Holidays, plain and simple. The  studios need to get it together and stop saturating the Xmas market with adult releases. The Holidays are the one time of year where it's OK to saturate the market with kids movies. Instead Frozen stands alone this year. SMH.

• Like 2

I sure hope studios are looking at Frozen and taking note. Kids want to go to the movies during the Holidays, plain and simple. The  studios need to get it together and stop saturating the Xmas market with adult releases. The Holidays are the one time of year where it's OK to saturate the market with kids movies. Instead Frozen stands alone this year. SMH.

Well Walking With Dinosaurs was probably made into such a mess to appeal to the kiddies, but they dumbed it down too much and it didn't look interesting to anyone over the age of 6.  

But it stands alone and free. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Well Walking With Dinosaurs was probably made into such a mess to appeal to the kiddies, but they dumbed it down too much and it didn't look interesting to anyone over the age of 6.  

WWD looked like a direct to video effort from the get go. If Fox ever expected it to be a big box office contender with kids they were out of their mind.

Smh, not this again. What happened to Frozen will be lucky to get Tangled's multiplier? ;)  :P

• Like 1