CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

Are they stealing grosses in China? Cuz the gap between actual numbers and official estimates is getting bigger and bigger every week.

I am thinking Paramount did it on purpose as it wants headline every week so leaves it until next weekend?  e.g. last week TF4 was UK's biggest opening in 2014 and then this week is Brazil, Germany etc so next weekend's headline should be TF4 reaches $300M in China and then the week after will be it crosses 1 billion world wide!  So since TF4 opened, TF4 has a headline every week!  

Edited by A K A
  • Like 2

Maybe they'll soften the drops by including the real chinese number? I don't doubt it.

China weekend number is usually correct. Weekdays may be bumped it but don't see how they can bump the weekend gross.

I'm sorry why do they need cover up stories when the film is doing so well sounds unlikely there already laughing all the way to the bank!

You didn't understand what I am trying to say... China have crossed $300M  and also Brazil and Germany opened huge both happened last weekend.  The reason why Paramount left it(China crossed $300M ) and to be announced for this coming weekend instead of last weekend so that first, it will not steal Brazil and Germany's huge opening headline and second, this coming weekend Paramount still have another headline which is China crosses $300M despite UK, Brazil, Germany etc all have a big drop after huge opening! 

If Paramount announces China have crossed $300M and Brazil, Germany etc opened huge both at the same time on last weekend, then Paramount will not have any headline for this coming weekend, isn't it?  All Paramount wants is  headline for TF4 every single week!
Edited by A K A

"But Paramount's Age of Extinction has grossed far less than previous Transformers movies domestically, though it will be the first 2014 film to hit $1 billion worldwide thanks to $300 million in China. " - THR

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-slump-hollywood-facing-720420?utm_expid=19303748-89.vl1UgudORTW16NBGatuX7w.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F