CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

This has grossed more overseas than any other 2014 film worldwide. An impressive feat.

From now I'm going to counter that BS "WITHOUT China number it'd make similar number to such and such movie!!" with "It'd beat them WW without it's DOM number". :lol:

• Like 2

From now I'm going to counter that BS "WITHOUT China number it'd make similar number to such and such movie!!" with "It'd beat them WW without it's DOM number". :lol:

Exactly. And also without China is too drastic. If China "only" hit $100m, like other top-tier Hollywood blockbusters, it would still crush everything else. Also, Japan, Spain, and Venezuela haven't opened yet. Dark of the Moon made around $68m in those 3 markets alone. It will be interesting to see how this holds up.
  • Like 2

Exactly. And also without China is too drastic. If China "only" hit $100m, like other top-tier Hollywood blockbusters, it would still crush everything else. Also, Japan, Spain, and Venezuela haven't opened yet. Dark of the Moon made around $68m in those 3 markets alone. It will be interesting to see how this holds up.

Japan = Big drop

Spain = Drop

Venezuela = Big increase

It'll make like $40M from those 3 countries. I see this finishing at $1.07-1.09B. Pretty fcking great. I think it's 80% locked to be the highest grossing film of 2014 worldwide.

I think The Hobbit 3 will pass it. People thought TH2 was much better than TH1 and it will benefit from the "final movie of a trilogy" effect.

I think The Hobbit 3 will pass it. People thought TH2 was much better than TH1 and it will benefit from the "final movie of a trilogy" effect.

I'm not feeling the hype for it at all, I think it'll decrease to $240M DOM and increase a bit overseas. it'll need to do $800M OS to have a shot at beating TF4. I don't see it increase that much especially when previous 2 Hobbit films bearly crossed $700M OS.

Trans4mers will still surpass Pirates 4 to become the biggest fourquel of all time worldwide. However, it won't surpass Transformers 3. I find it remarkable that it actually made $300M alone in China and still failed to surpass its predecessor. For me, that was a win against Michael Bay. That being said, he's still making a fifth one. A threat to humanity, I know, but we must face it.

Trans4mers will still surpass Pirates 4 to become the biggest fourquel of all time worldwide. However, it won't surpass Transformers 3. I find it remarkable that it actually made $300M alone in China and still failed to surpass its predecessor. For me, that was a win against Michael Bay. That being said, he's still making a fifth one. A threat to humanity, I know, but we must face it.

This movie made 1B+, MB is a winner, trust me.
  • Like 1

Oh, be serious. Just because your fav franchises won't ever touch those numbers it doesn't mean they are a 'threat to humanity'. LOL. If people would not love these movies they would not make that kind of $$$. And win against Bay? What? It's all about money. For some reason, people seem to believe that the US market is the driving force for all movies. That's not the case anymore which is very good, considering that people all over the world have different taste in movies.

Edited by James
  • Like 5