lilmac

Most Overrated Movies of 2014

Yes, there is a very vocal minority who like to hate on marvel movies. Wish they would go away.

There will always be someone who will hate on something, and we have most of them here: Marvel, DC, Potter, Nolan, Frozen, Monaghan... You just mustn't let them have a negative effect on you. What you think is important, everyone else really doesn't matter.

The worst Marvel film I've seen is The Incredible Hulk, and I give it a C (which means that I didn't hate it, just found it "meh.")

I think Guardians of Galaxy is a good film (I gave it a B) but highly overrated.

I don't hate Marvel; I just don't think that Marvel films are that great, and I'm annoyed by the fact that they continue to dominate our conversation on cinema and box office numbers.

If you can't handle that criticism, then I really don't know what to say.

• Like 1

The reason for that was TF1 was actually well liked by audiences (I myself like the film, although I haven't seen it in years). It is tough to tell why TF2, TF3, and TF4 made so much money when the reactions have been so negative online. Of course, it could be that people actually find them good. But a lot of people, including myself, would argue that those films make audiences feel safe. No matter how bad you are, they always give you what you expect: big action and spectacle; therefore, people watch them more.

But it's besides the point. TF2, TF3, and TF4 are still not considered overrated by anyone on the internet, because based on the metrics that we can use to judge reception (RT + IMDB) those films were not well received.

Using imdb to judge a films reception is useless when films like The Artist have a higher rating than the likes of Avatar and Titanic. Most of the times for original movies, the box price is a better way to judge a movies popularity amongst the public. Pacific Rim and Transformers are pratically rated the same on that site and we all know which one audiences undoubtably preferred. Funnily enough, Scott Pilgrim has a higher rating than both of them lol. According to imdb, Scott Pilgrim had a better reception than Independence Day, Armageddon, ted and many other well loved movies. Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Hate on Guardians and Avengers is ridiculous. They're perfectly fine movies. Better than the handful shit we get from other studios each year. Most overrated of 2014...

How to train your dragon 2

Gone Girl

Calling it now, but Interstellar as well.

Gone girl is fine movie. But in all honest respect other people's opinion.

My list

Nightcrawler

Guardians of the galaxy

Captain America: the winter Soilder

Raid 2

John wick.

The Lego movie.

Edited by Snoopy of Suburbia
  • Like 1

The worst Marvel film I've seen is The Incredible Hulk, and I give it a C (which means that I didn't hate it, just found it "meh.")

I think Guardians of Galaxy is a good film (I gave it a B) but highly overrated.

I don't hate Marvel; I just don't think that Marvel films are that great, and I'm annoyed by the fact that they continue to dominate our conversation on cinema and box office numbers.

If you can't handle that criticism, then I really don't know what to say.

You could do a lot worse than Marvel dominating the box office. They're good, fun movies for the most part.

Transformers is the one that bothers me. Complete rubbish that makes unbelievable amounts of money. What bothers me the most is that the cartoon I grew up with was a lot better than the live action movies Hollywood gave us.

• Like 1

A most wanted man was pretty overrated

By who, if you don't mind me asking?  It really didn't get a full release and only a handful of people saw it.

IMO, there is no film more over rated than GOTG.  While I didn't hate it, I certainly don't get the love for it.

I enjoyed the movie, but I need to see it again because the theater I watched it in had the surround sound channels cranked so loud I had a hard time hearing the dialogue from the center channel...including a lot of humorous dialogue. Kind of hurts the experience when you can't even hear the jokes you're supposed to enjoy.

Marvel movies make me mad because they could be better but they choose not to be. They seem to try to be dumber. 

Example Thor 2... ummm why have a prologue? thank you for showing me the villain, his plan, his voice, the #2 bad guy, and the aether in 3 minutes. It annoys me because thats not how the movie was written or directed thats a fact.

20 minutes in we are in the Dark Elves ship. We land on our villain, whos face is covered. His mask slowly comes off piece by piece reviling his face with a huge music cue. That scene is shot, edited and scored as if its a villains opening revel his first apperance... yet I ALREADY SAW HIS FACE in the first 60 seconds so its pointless. 

Portman touches the aether, we already know what it is. No suspense, no mystery no nothing, shit even THOR doesn't know yet we do. He has to ask Odin. Who now all within 35 minutes has to explain it 2 times. Literally just wasting scenes and moments. 

Just bad filmmaking no way around it. Cannot believe no at Marvel raises there hands and brings this up. 

I enjoyed Thor 2 a lot, but you make some fair points. Worst Marvel intro scene is in The Avengers. Really disliked the first 10 minutes and was very nervous watching that scene the first time after hearing the movie was similar to or better than IM1 in quality. Rest of the Avengers was awesome. It's one of those very, very rare superhero movies that gets better as it goes later into its runtime.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Thor 2 a lot, but you make some fair points. Worst Marvel intro scene is in The Avengers. Really disliked the first 10 minutes and was very nervous watching that scene the first time after hearing the movie was similar to or better than IM1 in quality. Rest of the Avengers was awesome. It's one of those very, very rare superhero movies that gets better as it goes later into its runtime.

Red, don't be a sheep.

• Like 2