lilmac

Most Overrated Movies of 2014

Agree on Frozen.

It's just that this is the first ORIGINAL animated movie in over a decade that came closest to the classics of Disney's golden age (early 90s).  Today's younger generation never experienced a true classic until now so I understand the excitement.  It happened for me when Lion King came out (even though I was a teenager I still got caught up in the excitement).  

Cut it off there, and it seems like the most depressing post ever.

It's just, unless you are already somebody who loved Roger Ebert, it never gave you a reason to care about the legacy it was showing you for two hours, and a good documentary should.

• Like 1

It's just, unless you are already somebody who loved Roger Ebert, it never gave you a reason to care about the legacy it was showing you for two hours, and a good documentary should.

I'm not sure if you got what I was going for...
  • Like 2

I don't know that I've seen anything that I'd call overrated so far this year. So that means that either...

a.) The well-reviewed and well-received movies this year have lived up to the hype.

b.) There haven't been many movies that would fit under category "a."

c.) I'm a pushover.

d.) Some combination of the above three.

If I had to choose, X-Men: Days of Future Past didn't quite live up to the sustaining hype for me. I feel like it tried to fit too much into its runtime, and some of the character developments felt uneven and a bit forced (particularly Magneto and JFK)

• Like 1

Begin Again

Edge of Tomorrow

After watching GOTG I realized how much of a small masterpiece EOT is and I fully believe that ( especially in this coming age of franchises ) it will go down as one of the last greats in terms of dumb blockbusters