LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

:hi5:suggest smthMr Banks is the one imo!I cant imagine it having any haters :D (maybe Im wrong tho :ph34r: )

I srsly do hope it magically keeps on strutting till it hits the $100M mark. :D it has to get a BP nod first.
  • Like 1

Leave him be, he's honestly an extreme Frozen hater.

Anyone who looks at the movie objectively knows that Frozen has MUCH better WoM than Tangled.

Whatever makes him sleep well at night. He hated it so to justify the run, he has gone off the deep end of hatred. 

• Like 1

Expected a flat Monday or a slight increase, but solid nonetheless.  Officially pacing for 350M now (36.1% better than Tangled), and will continue to go up.  3rd best 6th weekend is done.  2nd best would be epic.

If you'd look objectively you would know that it was following Tangled's holds almost identically until the week of Xmas. Why is that then if it had so much better WOM? Could it be because Frozen only got Dinosaurs to compete with for Christmas and Tangled got Tron, Yogi Bear, and Gulliver? No couldn't possibly play into why Frozen's holds all of a sudden got so much better than Tangled's right? :rolleyes:

but we kept proving its holds were better than Tangled's.. and no one here thinks it's the next Avatar or Titanic. Maybe the next Aladdin or Finding Nemo.

If you'd look objectively you would know that it was following Tangled's holds almost identically until the week of Xmas. Why is that then if it had so much better WOM? Could it be because Frozen only got Dinosaurs to compete with for Christmas and Tangled got Tron, Yogi Bear, and Gulliver? No couldn't possibly play into why Frozen's holds all of a sudden got so much better than Tangled's right? :rolleyes:

lol, it has had better holds at much higher gross so you're flat out lying with the first line and I posted the drops. They're not close.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

BTW, Night at the Museum 3 is going to benefit greatly next Xmas from once again a poor kid's lineup. But because most people here aren't going to love that like they love Frozen I can guarantee you this board will be quick to say it's only from lack of competition. ;)

This is not factual.

WOM for Tangled: Cute and funny Disney princess film. The little girls will love it.

WOM for Frozen: OMG DISNEY IS BACK!!!! This generation's Beauty and the Beast!!! The best Disney animated film since The Lion King!!!

Then why were the holds identical for their first month's of release? If WOM was that much better the holds would have been that much better. But they weren't until Xmas came and there was no kid's competition for it. Kid's had no choice but to return to Frozen if they wanted to go to the movies.

I'm really getting sick of being called a hater when I'm giving you guys facts and statistics to back up my claims and you're just ignoring them.

You wonder why people are calling you a hater because you're flat out lying with your stats.  :rolleyes:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

I'm really getting sick of being called a hater when I'm giving you guys facts and statistics to back up my claims and you're just ignoring them.

Yeah, just like your claim it only has decent word of mouth because it dropped 50% the weekend AFTER thanksgiving.  :rolleyes:

(You're also failing to take into account that Tangled was grossing much smaller numbers than Frozen, so Frozen should be having higher percentage drops than Tangled did)

You wonder why people are calling you a hater because you're flat out lying with your stats.  :rolleyes:

Huh? The first time Frozen held significantly better than Tangled was the weekend of Dec 20th, the weekend  leading up to Xmas. Before that it was holding only mildly better, often the same.

the lack of competition did in fact help Frozen hugely. I don't understand whats wrong in saying that.  Any numbers for Ah and WOWS?

What's wrong with saying it is half of this board loves Frozen and is wearing their rose colored glasses, so they can't stand the fact that there's something other than WOM in play with their precious box office run.

• Like 1

Then why were the holds identical for their first month's of release? If WOM was that much better the holds would have been that much better. But they weren't until Xmas came and there was no kid's competition for it. Kid's had no choice but to return to Frozen if they wanted to go to the movies.

Stop being close-minedTangled vs FrozenSecond weekend drop: -56% vs -53%Third Weeked drop: -33.7% vs -28.6%Fourth weekend drop: -38.8% vs -13%Frozen held better than Tangled on every single weekend BEFORE christmas
  • Like 8