LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

That's how much longer it has for amazing holds before it comes crashing to reality.

I don't know, if it was holding well because it's holiday themed, it would already have started falling (look at How the Grinch Stole Christmas). It's still powering along like nothing happened.
  • Like 2

I don't know, if it was holding well because it's holiday themed, it would already have started falling (look at How the Grinch Stole Christmas). It's still powering along like nothing happened.

I'll admit, it will stop having insane dailies next weekend (that's obvious), but I don't see its weekends crashing, it's held better than Tangled so far and Tangled had decent holds through January.  

Plus it's going to get a decent bump from MLK weekend.

Grinch was Xmas themed so of course it would fall after Xmas. Frozen isn't really themed to any holiday except Winter. Anyways the theming isn't what I'm even talking bout, I'm talking about the complete lack of kid's movies during the Holidays when kids are out of school and like to go to the movies. Frozen is benefiting massively from that.

Grinch was Xmas themed so of course it would fall after Xmas. Frozen isn't really themed to any holiday except Winter. Anyways the theming isn't what I'm even talking bout, I'm talking about the complete lack of kid's movies during the Holidays when kids are out of school and like to go to the movies. Frozen is benefiting massively from that.

So did Tangled and that still went fine after the holidays ended.

That's how much longer it has for amazing holds before it comes crashing to reality.

You act as if we aren't aware that Holidays are aiding it's grosses.  Of course they will be much better this Monday than next.

But what you don't mention is that the holds are crazy good EVEN FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

So when the numbers go down next week, they will still be holding much better than a normal film and it will still be in the midst of one of the best animated box office runs of all time.

• Like 1

What I'm saying is it will have a bigger than normal drop off after the Holidays because it has had a bigger than normal increase during the Holidays due to no competition. Again people, this type of thing never happens where there's only one real kid's movie for the Holidays.Not sure why no one wants to realize/admit how much this is reaping that reward.

Edited by MovieMan89

What I'm saying is it will have a bigger than normal drop off after the Holidays because it has had a bigger than normal increase during the Holidays due to no competition. Again people, this type of thing never happens where there's only one real kid's movie for the Holidays.Not sure why no one wants to realize/admit how much this is reaping that reward.

It happened last year with Rise of the Guardians (Monsters Inc re-release could be comparable to Walking with Dinos) and all the family money went to Hobbit.

Frozen has fantastic WoM, just admit it already.

Frozen should still have a good drop this weekend, just like most movies. Many people are still at home on January 2 and 3. At least in Portugal kids only go back to school on January 6.

• Like 1

I'm just gonna say I know a few people above the age of 40 who went to see Frozen individually and alone. It's not just a kid's movie, despite how much MovieMan89 thinks it is

Fine, if that's true I guess we'll see it in the dailies when kids go back to school next week. It's not like adults never go to animation alone. My friends and I are all adults and went to DM2 without kids. Hardly means they're the majority of the audience though. Animation is fueled by the kid audience, even Pixar movies which attract the biggest adult audience.

• Like 1

Fine, if that's true I guess we'll see it in the dailies when kids go back to school next week. It's not like adults never go to animation alone. My friends and I are all adults and went to DM2 without kids. Hardly means they're the majority of the audience though. Animation is fueled by the kid audience, even Pixar movies which attract the biggest adult audience.

Not gonna argue that, but I'm just saying that you continue insisting that the appeal of Frozen lies only with kids/families when it has proven time and time again that's not true.

• Like 3