LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

haha why don't we just agree to disagree and move on to find another movie that we can all support together, this fight is so 2013 and it's soon 2014. (btw it's not like Frozenatics won't admit it has benefited from having mild to no competiton. we just don't think it's the only reason it's doing so well and it's not merely just a kid/family film.)

:hi5:

suggest smth

Mr Banks is the one imo!

I cant imagine it having any haters  :D (maybe Im wrong tho :ph34r: )

• Like 1

I already said 2-3 pages ago that not acknowledging a lack of competition is wrong.  Certainly it has helped.  But where people say you're way off the mark is when you make comments that downplays it's performance to "merely well" when in reality it is one of the best box office performances by an animated movie ever.

I downplay the performance because it's accomplishing records like 3rd biggest 5th weekend ever based on the right time of year without competition. It's not doing it squarely off the shoulders of otherworldly WOM like Avatar or Titanic. People here are overplaying the WOM. The WOM itself is on par with Tangled's from all indications. Nothing exponentially better than that.

This is purely anecdotal but I saw tons of kids at my Life of Pi screenings the 3 times I went. Kids love animals and bright colors, so I can't imagine how Pi wouldn't have attracted them through the marketing. It  looked far more kid appealing than Mitty's marketing. I will agree that once they got to the screening some kids may have been bored, but that wouldn't have stopped them from going in the first place due to appealing marketing.

I saw barely any kids the three times I went.  Also, I saw lots of kids in 47 Ronin, Mitty, and Catching Fire, it doesn't mean those oriented heavily with the family market.

:hi5:

suggest smth

Mr Banks is the one imo!

I cant imagine it having any haters  :D (maybe Im wrong tho :ph34r: )

I saw quite a few hipster critics put Banks on their worst of 2013 list... (I don't even know how, I can see how you might not be big on it but no matter what you say it's a well-made movie)

I downplay the performance because it's accomplishing records like 3rd biggest 5th weekend ever based on the right time of year without competition. It's not doing it squarely off the shoulders of otherworldly WOM like Avatar or Titanic. People here are overplaying the WOM. The WOM itself is on par with Tangled's from all indications. Nothing exponentially better than that.

:bash:, I'm done with this pointless debate. You can have whatever nonsensical opinion you want and I'll just enjoy continued strong holds into the next year for Frozen. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 4

The WOM itself is on par with Tangled's from all indications. Nothing exponentially better than that.

Source? Frozen's search engine traffic charts for example is flat out destroying Tangled. What leads you to believe they are similar in that regard?

• Like 1

But nobody is saying it's going to hit 500 which is what it would do with a "Titanic" type run.

Movieman, I understand the gist of what you're saying.  And of course the Monday drop is going to be large next week, but it will continue to perform with phenomenal legs as it has been, especially for a film that started with such huge numbers.  My main beef is the downplaying it to saying it is performing "merely well" when the performance has been spectacular.

Anyway, I don't think our opinions are as far off as they seem.

Source? Frozen's search engine traffic charts for example is flat out destroying Tangled. What leads you to believe they are similar in that regard?

Leave him be, he's honestly an extreme Frozen hater.

Anyone who looks at the movie objectively knows that Frozen has MUCH better WoM than Tangled.

BTW, Night at the Museum 3 is going to benefit greatly next Xmas from once again a poor kid's lineup. But because most people here aren't going to love that like they love Frozen I can guarantee you this board will be quick to say it's only from lack of competition. ;)

Night at the Museum isn't hitting 200m, nevertheless 300m+, also Night at the Museum will play strong on the holidays then mild in January.

2 dropped from 1, I see no reason why 3 wont drop from 2, especially since they were all released at the same time.

WOM for Tangled: Cute and funny Disney princess film. The little girls will love it.

WOM for Frozen: OMG DISNEY IS BACK!!!! This generation's Beauty and the Beast!!! The best Disney animated film since The Lion King!!!

• Like 3

Leave him be, he's honestly an extreme Frozen hater.

Anyone who looks at the movie objectively knows that Frozen has MUCH better WoM than Tangled.

If you'd look objectively you would know that it was following Tangled's holds almost identically until the week of Xmas. Why is that then if it had so much better WOM? Could it be because Frozen only got Dinosaurs to compete with for Christmas and Tangled got Tron, Yogi Bear, and Gulliver? No couldn't possibly play into why Frozen's holds all of a sudden got so much better than Tangled's right? :rolleyes: