LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

lol, if that was the case why did have one of best Post-Thanksgiving holds and even stronger hold a week after that with Hobbit opening. You're a broken record and once it has a strong hold into January then what will be your mantra? Maybe just maybe GA loved it unlike you.  ;)  :P

What you and apparently everyone else fail to realize is I ADMITTED FROZEN IS WELL LIKED about a month ago already. So stop accusing me of something totally false. You're failing to look at my point from any objective angle. And that point is the superhuman holds it just starting having a week or so ago are due to no competition in the heat of the Xmas-New Year's season. Jesus Christ people, read and analyze what I'm saying before you jump all over me!

Edited by MovieMan89

I just saw perhaps the worst trailer in the history of trailers. Need for Speed. Starring no one. FF rip off. Vengeabce for some death settlrd by racing cars. Hahahaha!!

I wouldn't call Aaron Paul no one, but that is indeed a cringe-worthy trailer.

I'll probably still watch the movie though, just because of Paul and the fact that I love fast cars.

Still waiting for an explanation besides lack of competition during the Holiday season on why it started having so much better holds than Tangled when it was following Tangled's patterns almost identically up until the week of Xmas? Couldn't possibly be because Tangled had 3 new kid's releases to compete with starting in mid December and Frozen just got Dinosaurs right?

Frozen was having better holds from the beginning and when you factor in higher grosses than the gulf in WOM is apparent.

Tangled

55.7%

33.7%

38.8%

Frozen

53.1%

28.6%

13.0%

These are holds before Christmas so to say holidays is when the good holds started is pretty laughable. 

• Like 1

I just saw perhaps the worst trailer in the history of trailers. Need for Speed. Starring no one. FF rip off. Vengeabce for some death settlrd by racing cars. Hahahaha!!Teailer for Endless Love is great and the Robert Palmer song Endless Love with the Garbage sound is fucking creepy and awesome.

Totally agree about Need for Speed.  I'll take Non-Stop as the big action thriller of the new year.

• Like 1

What you and apparently everyone else fail to realize is I ADMITTED FROZEN IS WELL LIKED about a month ago already. So stop accusing me of something totally false. You;re failing to look at my point from any objective angle. And that point is the superhuman holds it just starting having a week or so ago are due to no competition in the heat of the Xmas-New Year's season. Jesus Christ people, read and analyze what I'm saying before you jump all over me.

But it's wrong, it was holding better than both Tangled and TS2 before the holidays started.

"Fixer Upper"

"So he’s a bit of a fixer-upper, so he’s got a few flaws

Like his peculiar brain-dear, his thing with the reindeer

That’s a little outside of nature’s laws!"

Though dirty Disney lyrics can be traced back to The Little Mermaid and Under the Sea with:

"Darling it's better

Down where it's wetter

Take it from me"

:P

haha I also remember how Hercules reacted to the Oedipus play he had just seen with Meg he was like Man, I thought I was the only one with the problem.

Happy NY everyone!! (even Frozenatics :P )

& to you Movieman my fellow Frozen hater!

hopefully Dos # is RTH's

Posted Image

OK off to conntinue chopping veggies B)

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 2

Frozen was having better holds from the beginning and when you factor in higher grosses than the gulf in WOM is apparent.

Tangled

55.7%

33.7%

38.8%

Frozen

53.1%

28.6%

13.0%

These are holds before Christmas so to say holidays is when the good holds started is pretty laughable. 

Combine that with the fact that Frozen is doing it with bigger numbers makes it even more outstanding.

But a 53% drop IS fantastic on the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Not only that, it was a 67 million dollar opener that dropped that softly.

:rolleyes:

Dear sweet baby Jesus, I didn't say it was a bad hold!!! I said it wasn't insanely amazing like what's happening to it now. It was perfectly in line with Tangled's hold and in line with a good solid run, not in line with having the 3rd best 5th weekend ever. There is no explanation for that besides lack of competition, why can't you guys just admit it?

From BOM's weekend report:

Disney Animation's Frozen continues to exceed even the most optimistic expectations. The animated sensation increased 47 percent to $28.8 million; among fifth weekends, that figure ranks third all-time behind Avatar ($42.8 million) and Titanic ($30 million). The movie is benefiting not only from great word-of-mouth, but also from a void of legitimate family entertainment—Saving Mr. Banks turned out to be too mature, while Walking with Dinosaurs never really clicked with audiences.

This is all I'm saying you guys, so stop pretending like I'm discrediting WOM and start admitting there's more to Frozen's performance than that.

Combine that with the fact that Frozen is doing it with bigger numbers makes it even more outstanding.

Better holds AND bigger overall numbers? Well, I guess I can admit that Frozen is well-liked.

Edited by kitik

From BOM's weekend report: Disney Animation's Frozen continues to exceed even the most optimistic expectations. The animated sensation increased 47 percent to $28.8 million; among fifth weekends, that figure ranks third all-time behind Avatar ($42.8 million) and Titanic ($30 million). The movie is benefiting not only from great word-of-mouth, but also from a void of legitimate family entertainment—Saving Mr. Banks turned out to be too mature, while Walking with Dinosaurs never really clicked with audiences. This is all I'm saying you guys, so stop pretending like I'm discrediting WOM and start admitting there's more to Frozen's performance than that.

Why would that mean it starts crashing and burning after next weekend? There's still not going to be any competition until The Nut Job. And really, who's gonna see that?
  • Like 1

What you and apparently everyone else fail to realize is I ADMITTED FROZEN IS WELL LIKED about a month ago already. So stop accusing me of something totally false. You're failing to look at my point from any objective angle. And that point is the superhuman holds it just starting having a week or so ago are due to no competition in the heat of the Xmas-New Year's season. Jesus Christ people, read and analyze what I'm saying before you jump all over me!

If it was only no competition than why isn't rest of the movies holding as well. Clearly, it has superior WOM to anything that's out. You're talking nonsense when you claim Tangled would have made same gross as Frozen or ROTG would have made 200M+ you've no proof to this claim yet you want us to believe you're not bias when in fact, you've been bias from the beginning. 

That's just the thing though, it wasn't having extraordinary holds after Thansgiving and before Xmas really kicked in. It dropped over 50% in its second weekend! That's why I'm saying it's obvious it's the Holiday boosting it up like this. Otherwise why did it only start having these phenomenal holds a month into its release? If it was mainly WOM it would have kicked in a lot sooner than that. But before the Dec 20th weekend it was holding just merely well. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Dropping 53% the weekend after Thanksgiving off a 67 million dollar opening is much better than holding "merely well." 

It held better than TS2 and Tangled before Christmas and both are considered box office smash hits.

I'm not sure how Frozen can seriously be downplayed to that extent.

haha why don't we just agree to disagree and move on to find another movie that we can all support together, this fight is so 2013 and it's soon 2014. (btw it's not like Frozenatics won't admit it has benefited from having mild to no competiton. we just don't think it's the only reason it's doing so well and it's not merely just a kid/family film.)

Edited by yjs
  • Like 1

Why would that mean it starts crashing and burning after next weekend? There's still not going to be any competition until The Nut Job. And really, who's gonna see that?

Because kids don't go to the movies much in January and February. The Holiday is the big time of year for kids movies. That's why it's holds will stop being so phenomenal after New Year's. Doesn't mean they won't still be good like Tangled's for example, but it will go back to acting like merely a well like movie, not the next Titanic.

Because kids don't go to the movies much in January and February. The Holiday is the big time of year for kids movies. That's why it's holds will stop being so phenomenal after New Year's. Doesn't mean they won't still be good like Tangled's for example, but it will go back to acting like merely a well like movie, not the next Titanic.

That's what we're all saying. Or at least I'm saying.
  • Like 1

From BOM's weekend report:

Disney Animation's Frozen continues to exceed even the most optimistic expectations. The animated sensation increased 47 percent to $28.8 million; among fifth weekends, that figure ranks third all-time behind Avatar ($42.8 million) and Titanic ($30 million). The movie is benefiting not only from great word-of-mouth, but also from a void of legitimate family entertainment—Saving Mr. Banks turned out to be too mature, while Walking with Dinosaurs never really clicked with audiences.

This is all I'm saying you guys, so stop pretending like I'm discrediting WOM and start admitting there's more to Frozen's performance than that.

I already said 2-3 pages ago that not acknowledging a lack of competition is wrong.  Certainly it has helped.  But where people say you're way off the mark is when you make comments that downplays it's performance to "merely well" when in reality it is one of the best box office performances by an animated movie ever.