LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

But you have been saying that because of the lack of competition it has been holding so well.  So why would it come crashing down more than normal once the Holidays are over when there aren't any new Family movies coming into the market.

The fact is that Frozen was having crazy good holds before the Christmas season as well.

Really is has been consistently spectacular to date.

That's just the thing though, it wasn't having extraordinary holds after Thansgiving and before Xmas really kicked in. It dropped over 50% in its second weekend! That's why I'm saying it's obvious it's the Holiday boosting it up like this. Otherwise why did it only start having these phenomenal holds a month into its release? If it was mainly WOM it would have kicked in a lot sooner than that. But before the Dec 20th weekend it was holding just merely well. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by MovieMan89

and cum on guys! (see what I did there?) both are the reasons FRZ is doing so well. And what are we supposed to do anyway, subtract $100M from its total and give it to Tangled because that one had severer competition? Life of Pi is not a children's book, btw. Where the Wild Things Are is.

I don't see how anyone who's read it could mistake it for one.  The movie is jam-packed with philosophy and detail that would bore kids, some very gruesome parts, and it's not fast paced.  (Plus the prose is above the level of most children)

That's just the thing though, it wasn't having extraordinary holds after Thansgiving and before Xmas really kicked in. It dropped over 50% in its second weekend! That's why I'm saying it's obvious it's the Holiday boosting it up like this. Otherwise why did it only start having these phenomenal holds a month into its release? If it was mainly WOM it would have kicked in a lot sooner than that. But before the Dec 20th weekend it was holding just merely well. Nothing out of the ordinary.

In the weekend where you are lucky if you don't drop 60%, please try again.

• Like 2

Lol

This is purely anecdotal but I saw tons of kids at my Life of Pi screenings the 3 times I went. Kids love animals and bright colors, so I can't imagine how Pi wouldn't have attracted them through the marketing. It  looked far more kid appealing than Mitty's marketing. I will agree that once they got to the screening some kids may have been bored, but that wouldn't have stopped them from going in the first place due to appealing marketing.

Edited by MovieMan89

On the topic of Frozen, I feel like a pervert whenever I hear "For the First Time in Forever." Why?

Why have a ballroom with no balls?

:ph34r: 

KRISTOFF 

Best friend’s name? 

ANNA 

Probably John. 

KRISTOFF 

Eye color. 

ANNA 

Dreamy. 

KRISTOFF 

Foot size...? 

ANNA 

Foot size doesn't matter.

I saw what you did there Disney....

• Like 3

What I'm saying is it will have a bigger than normal drop off after the Holidays because it has had a bigger than normal increase during the Holidays due to no competition. Again people, this type of thing never happens where there's only one real kid's movie for the Holidays.Not sure why no one wants to realize/admit how much this is reaping that reward.

lol, if that was the case why did have one of best Post-Thanksgiving holds and even stronger hold a week after that with Hobbit opening. You're a broken record and once it has a strong hold into January then what will be your mantra? Maybe just maybe GA loved it unlike you.  ;)  :P

In the weekend where you are lucky if you don't drop 60%, please try again.

Tangled dropped identically to Frozen that same weekend, so it looked like it would mirror Tangled's holds. And before the Dec 20th weekend it was. So again, tell me why starting that weekend it all of a sudden started holding phenomenally? If it was just WOM it would have been doing that the whole time, not a month later when the Xmas season kicked in.

Honestly some of you guys act like I'm making stuff up, when I;m basing this on box office stats and facts.

Edited by MovieMan89

Still waiting for an explanation besides lack of competition during the Holiday season on why it started having so much better holds than Tangled when it was following Tangled's patterns almost identically up until the week of Xmas? Couldn't possibly be because Tangled had 3 new kid's releases to compete with starting in mid December and Frozen just got Dinosaurs right?

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

On the topic of Frozen, I feel like a pervert whenever I hear "For the First Time in Forever." Why?

Why have a ballroom with no balls?

:ph34r: 

"Fixer Upper"

"So he’s a bit of a fixer-upper, so he’s got a few flaws 

Like his peculiar brain-dear, his thing with the reindeer 

That’s a little outside of nature’s laws!"

Though dirty Disney lyrics can be traced back to The Little Mermaid and Under the Sea with:

"Darling it's better

Down where it's wetter

Take it from me"

:P 

• Like 2

LOL Movieman is just a Frozen hater :P Before he was saying Frozen wouldn't have nearly as good as legs as Tangled because it was "too girly." Then he realized how wrong he was and is spouting other BS. 

Actually slightly more males are seeing Frozen over Tangled according to Disney.

• Like 1

But a 53% drop IS fantastic on the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Not only that, it was a 67 million dollar opener that dropped that softly.

• Like 2

Tangled dropped identically to Frozen that same weekend, so it looked like it would mirror Tangled's holds. And before teh Dec 20th weekend it was. So again, tell me why starting that weekend it all of a sudden started holding phenomenally? If it was just WOM it would have been doing that the whole time, not a month later when the Xmas season kicked in.

TS2 dropped about the same too, in 1999. The weekend after the weekend after Thanksgiving? TS2 dropped 34% vs 29% for Frozen and that was before the holidays. Same with Tangled 34% vs 29%. It gets even better when you look at the full weeks.

I just saw perhaps the worst trailer in the history of trailers. Need for Speed. Starring no one. FF rip off. Vengeabce for some death settlrd by racing cars. Hahahaha!!Teailer for Endless Love is great and the Robert Palmer song Endless Love with the Garbage sound is fucking creepy and awesome.

• Like 2

I just saw perhaps the worst trailer in the history of trailers. Need for Speed. Starring no one. FF rip off. Vengeabce for some death settlrd by racing cars. Hahahaha!!Teailer for Endless Love is great and the Robert Palmer song Endless Love with the Garbage sound is fucking creepy and awesome.

Yo, it's got 2 time Emmy Winner Aaron Paul

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 6

LOL Movieman is just a Frozen hater :P

No doubt about it, the hate flows strongly though him.

Anybody trying to downplay the incredible run Frozen is having is simply blind. I'm not a big fan of animated movies, and have no intention of seeing Frozen, but the box office numbers it's putting up are fantastic!