LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

:lol:I think it's in the book of Revelations that when JLaw wins her second Oscar, a million Futurists will descend on the forums, to the devastation of us all.

If that is what happens, then I hope she never wins another Oscar. :lol:

First rule of awards predicting: Never let your own opinion cloud your judgement.

Second rule of awards predicting: Never let your own opinion cloud your judgement.

Critics deem her worthy, everything else is irrelevant. If the industry agrees, she will win.

You're right, that's why The Social Network swept back in 2010! :o

• Like 2

:lol:I think it's in the book of Revelations that when JLaw wins her second Oscar, a million Futurists will descend on the forums, to the devastation of us all.

The Nolanites will stand where we belong. Between Futurists and the Box Office Forums

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Critics awards have nothing to do with Academy tastes or how they'll vote, especially when you're actually trying to slot people into numbered slots.

Not sure I agree with this. They obviously aren't quite as reliable as the guilds and Globes when it comes to predicting nominees, but they give a strong idea of which contenders have momentum and the visibility to be considered among the best of the year.

That's right actually. The Academy is more mainstream than critics (Sandra Bullock anyone?), which would only increase Lawrence's chances.

Think what you want, but you're in the minority with that.

oh thee Great Awards Prognosticator, do humble us with your predictions so we can look back on them and laugh.

Why isn't Futurist here now giving us all shit by posting the same two gifs over and over again? What happened to that guy?

I'd rather take the two gifs than the paragraph long neckbearded pseudo-cynical ramblings he shits out.