LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

I didn't actually see any Olaf merchandise though. Which is really odd, considering how popular he is. (But then again, I didn't go out of my way to try and find some)

Maybe Disneyland itself is sold out  :blink:

On a different but related note ric, have you seen Banks yet? I'd be really interesting to hear your take on it (I personally loved it)

I put, "I want to see the movie Her really bad when it comes out next week," on my twitter and it blew up with favorites, retweets, and people saying it looked really good.

Am I missing something here or is Her in a good position to be a potential sleeper?  Especially with Oscar noms, I thought the premise would turn off audiences but they seem interested.

My plan has always been a double feature of Her and ILD, but apparently the latter isn't expanding wide <_<

My plan has always been a double feature of Her and ILD, but apparently the latter isn't expanding wide <_<

It is on January 16th apparently.  

I'm going to track Her's box office closely now, I think people may be overlooking it.

On a different but related note ric, have you seen Banks yet? I'd be really interesting to hear your take on it (I personally loved it)

I actually just saw it yesterday, lol. I liked it. I mean it wasn't my favourite film of the year by far (far too sentimental for that), and it felt a bit shallow, imo. I think that it doesn't really delve deep enough into the psyche of things and Emma Thompson's  Travers seems too cold and stuck-up except for certain moments. I loved the Disneyland scene; I thought that was really well done. And I liked the ending (even though I've said myself that I'm allergic to happy endings :P ) I liked the exploration of the subject and I learned a bit from it, but I would've liked it to be more focused on Traver's childhood. More so than the movie does. Especially the ending scene could've been done better (even though I loved it) if there had been a few more flashbacks. Overall solid, but not great. 

• Like 1

Her was good, bordering on great. And ILD is just like OMFG. I think it might be my favourite film of the year on a repeat viewing. Currently at #3. It's definitely one of my favourite Coens. 

• Like 2

Yeah. I don't think I'll be able to make it, though. :lol:

Well that sucks. I would like to know how Cuaron feels about the success of his movie. I'd just like to see his face light up with pride.

I actually just saw it yesterday, lol. I liked it. I mean it wasn't my favourite film of the year by far (far too sentimental for that), and it felt a bit shallow, imo. I think that it doesn't really delve deep enough into the psyche of things and Emma Thompson's  Travers seems too cold and stuck-up except for certain moments. I loved the Disneyland scene; I thought that was really well done. And I liked the ending (even though I've said myself that I'm allergic to happy endings :P ) I liked the exploration of the subject and I learned a bit from it, but I would've liked it to be more focused on Traver's childhood. More so than the movie does. Especially the ending scene could've been done better (even though I loved it) if there had been a few more flashbacks. Overall solid, but not great. 

Really? I felt like the flashbacks were perfectly done; any more would've caused it to be a bit too much but any less would have caused it to be underdeveloped. (In case you can't tell, I enjoyed it, my #4 of 2013, although I'm a Disney fanboy so that should tell you why. :P ) I think it's a shame Farrell isn't getting any Oscar buzz about his performance though

Really? I felt like the flashbacks were perfectly done; any more would've caused it to be a bit too much but any less would have caused it to be underdeveloped. (In case you can't tell, I enjoyed it, my #4 of 2013, although I'm a Disney fanboy so that should tell you why. :P ) I think it's a shame Farrell isn't getting any Oscar buzz about his performance though

Maybe not necessarily more flashbacks, but there needs to be more exploration of her background and history. I think that would've made a much more effective character study. 

Maybe not necessarily more flashbacks, but there needs to be more exploration of her background and history. I think that would've made a much more effective character study. 

Well, one thing I did understand was that it was a Disney movie. Even though stories such as this one would've been interesting to see, they never had a chance making it in under Disney's watch.

My one tiny yet big nitpick to me with the film was how Walt kept on insisting that he couldn't imagine what it'd be like to give up the rights for Mickey... when he did when he lost the rights for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back in the 20s.

I thought the flashbacks got pretty one-note after awhile. I know they were only concentrating on the aspects of her childhood that dovetailed into the themes they wanted to explore, but it seems she was a way more interesting person than the movie portrayed.

I feel like after Farrell's speech scene, I would've been fine with one more flashback to wrap it up but then no more. I was fine with how it was though too

Well that sucks. I would like to know how Cuaron feels about the success of his movie. I'd just like to see his face light up with pride.

I hope so. I was a little worried...I'd become a Cuaron fanboy during his 7 years of no new movie so I'm ecstatic he's not only back, but now basically Alist.Can't wait for what he has next in store for us. Though if WB was smart, they'd be pounding on his door begging him to do that Potter spinoff movie thing.

I put, "I want to see the movie Her really bad when it comes out next week," on my twitter and it blew up with favorites, retweets, and people saying it looked really good.

Am I missing something here or is Her in a good position to be a potential sleeper?  Especially with Oscar noms, I thought the premise would turn off audiences but they seem interested.

And for clarification, my twitter rarely blows up when I mention I want to see a movie.  (I think it kind of did for Frozen, it did for Gravity, and it did for the Conjuring for examples of when it did this year)

Now I don't see it breaking out like Gravity or Frozen, but it pulling a Frozen  number may just be possible.

Uhh, are you saying you think Her might do 300M  :wacko: